The departed 2

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The departed 2

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Don’t think Jethro would go down in todays WOKE society. He was a little risqué shall we say :D Thing is in the 70’s - 80’s his humour was acceptable by most, I’m sure there’s some who didn’t appreciate it. As for a single I think you might be right.
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I was driving down to Cornwall in the early summer of 1990 to visit some friends when my old Morris Oxford broke down on the old A30 at Lewtrenchard. Me and my mate managed to push the car in to a pub car park. The pub was called Jethro's. I asked the owner of the place if he minded if we kipped in his car park overnight before we could get it fixed. He said that he was fine with that but the show tonight was only for locals. I didn't have the faintest idea what he was going on about. We had a couple of beers and then settled down for an uncomfortable night in the car.
We thanked him in the morning, got the car fixed and carried on down to Cornwall.
Two weeks later I was visiting my Mum. She was watching The Des O'Connor Show and suddenly this bloke comes on and it was the bloke I'd been talking to at the pub. Shocked and stunned. :o
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sniffer wrote:I was driving down to Cornwall in the early summer of 1990 to visit some friends when my old Morris Oxford broke down on the old A30 at Lewtrenchard. Me and my mate managed to push the car in to a pub car park. The pub was called Jethro's. I asked the owner of the place if he minded if we kipped in his car park overnight before we could get it fixed. He said that he was fine with that but the show tonight was only for locals. I didn't have the faintest idea what he was going on about. We had a couple of beers and then settled down for an uncomfortable night in the car.
We thanked him in the morning, got the car fixed and carried on down to Cornwall.
Two weeks later I was visiting my Mum. She was watching The Des O'Connor Show and suddenly this bloke comes on and it was the bloke I'd been talking to at the pub. Shocked and stunned. :o
:clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

RIP Ray Illingworth, aged 89.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

MOT1964 wrote:RIP Ray Illingworth, aged 89.
R.I.P. Ray a true YCCC legend.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

RIP Desmond Tutu aged 90 years.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Archbishop Desmond Tutu, honored with Nobel Peace prize for his opposition to South Africa's brutal apartheid laws, for his role as a unifying figure in the non violent campaign to resolve the problems of South Africa. (Nobel website)
I remember him as a figure who worked hard for establishing equal rights in a racially segregated country, and upholding the dignity of every person regardless of race. R.I.P.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

RIP Desmond Tutu. A high beacon in the fight against apartheid. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

RIP Desmond Tutu, How many owe a better life to you :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner