Outstanding Issues

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Outstanding Issues

Post by blackpool white »

rigger asked
Re Prince Andrew :
Do you not think he was complicit in those acts, knowing those people and attending those parties ?
Do you think it's morally acceptable for a man in his 40s to be sleeping with a girl of 17 ?
Do you not think he knows what went on but is refusing to cooperate with the legal process right now ?

Re the diplomat's wife :
So using and bending the law is okay then ?
Tax evasion ? You're okay with that ?
Amazon, Starbucks, Costa, Gap, Vodafone, Apple .. you're fine with them paying little or no corporate taxes ?
It's the same thing : it's wrong and it shouldn't happen.
prince andrew

I have no idea how complicit he was, but no doubt the cps have examined the case and found no case to answer
no, not morally acceptable....but neither is it illegal
He has stated his willingness to answer questions under oath in the US.....what more would you have him do?

diplomat's wife

I can see tax evasion is one of your pet subjects but has nothing to do with diplomacy

Like it or not the woman had diplomatic immunity at the time of the incident so could not be charged with any crime
you may not agree with her having such protection, but that is a different issue, she did.
One cannot say to diplomats that they have immunity but if they commit an offence it will be removed and they will have to face british justice.

In actual fact she could have parked her car and shot poor harry dead, gone back to the embassy for lunch before leaving the country a week later.

It reminds me of 1984 when wpc yvonne fletcher was shot dead in london from the libyan embassy building. All occupants were expelled and were allowed....nay....forced to board a plane to tripoli, but no-one to this day has ever been charged with her murder.
Deleted User 3289

Re: Outstanding Issues

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

You are like a dog with a bone. :shifty:

Your press statement was a stupid comment to throw in at the time when people were discussing the death of Caroline Flack, if you can't see that then its not worth discussing. When i first read it i thought it was distasteful but wasn't willing to get embroiled in confrontation which is what i think it was intended to instigate. In saying that my comment in changing the subject and including PA didn't help the situation either.

I have heard worse arguments on here and personally i think closing the thread down was a little hasty but so be it.

We will see how it plays out with Prince Andrew, i think there is more to come yet. I for one can't wait for him to go over to the states and be cross examined.

I'm sure i read somewhere that the CPS stated that the woman involved in the crash wasn't entitled to diplomatic immunity because she was a dependent and residing outside London?
Last edited by Deleted User 3289 on 17 Feb 2020, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

blackpool white wrote: It reminds me of 1984 ....
Me too :

Deleted User 728

Prince Andrew has been described as "uncooperative" in the investigations so while he says he's willing to answer questions he's not offered much so far.

Regarding the diplomat's wife and the example of tax evasion I was just saying something may be legal but in reality it's morally bankrupt and totally wrong.

But all this beside the point. I would like to go back to your statement :
well if i were on 1.2 million a year I would be happy to be hounded by the press
It followed on directly from discussion of Caroline Flack's suicide and whether you used any of those three words is moot - the implication is there and it's beyond any cheap denial of the fact.

It's a cheap shot, not even a gag, just a thoughtless thing to say.
I don't know you so I don't know what you're like in real life, but in here we have a certain moral code that the site is held to and anyone who steps over the line will be pulled up on it.
You jumped that line and landed yards on the other side of it.

I've actually defended your right to explain yourself to the other mods and I'm glad you started this thread because I want to see if you show any remorse for it or if you just think we're all over-reacting. All of us. At the same time. Not just mods, but users of this board in general.

Your floor ..
blackpool white

ok, let me try again

my comment was in direct response to sovietmule's attack on the press
The press are already deflecting any blame from themselves onto 'reality tv'. Sure, that format has a lot to answer for but, equally, her constant hounding by the press played a significant part.
well paid celebrities who can be, lets say a little colourful, get hounded by the press, its par for the course and should be seen as goes with the job.

the reason for this is because the public have an insatiable appetite for the reports this hounding produces. If there were no appetite for this sort of reporting, then the media would have no reason to hound celebrities.

But this is the same public who switch on to watch them and make them into celebrities.

But not all celebs are hounded. I live in the same neighbourhood as Jimmy Armfield used to live in. I would occasionally bump into him, but he did not have the media hounding him, why? cos he was a quiet churchgoing gentleman.....now you can be sure if he frequented the many sex clubs and gay bars in town, yes he would have been hounded.

I get tired of these people blaming the press for wanting a story, they earn more than the prime minister and so should be able to put up with a little press intrusion, the real nightmare for celebs is that the press will ignore them and they sink into obscurity.

Like I said before, I would be happy for the press to take pics of my very private moments, if that were the price for being a highly paid celeb....and that has nothing to do with any particular celeb.

I do believe that nearly all suicides are the result of mental illness which manifests itself by being unable to take life's downs, dunno how they would cope being leeds fans!
The only exceptions are where the victim really has nothing to live for such as the likes of brian epstein and adolf hitler.....and pls dont take that as me being a epstein or hitler sympathiser, i am most certainly not
Deleted User 728

Did you just edit that ??

I'm sure I read something you wrote about anti-depressants making things worse ?
I was about to ask you if you were a doctor ..

Wow.
Where do I start ??

Firstly, comparing Jimmy Armfield to a current celebrity on a reality TV show is ridiculous.
You might as well have said JR Hartley because he had a lot more exposure than old Jimmy.

Secondly, you use the term "gay bar" as if that should be reported ?
Are you homophobic too ??
I don't see anything wrong with going into such a place and do so fairly often myself : it happens to be the best pub in town.

Again, you make light of suicide when you say :
I do believe that nearly all suicides are the result of mental illness which manifests itself by being unable to take life's downs, dunno how they would cope being leeds fans!
If you were standing right in front of me now, you can probably guess what I'd say to you. If not, the second word is "off".
The first bit of that is an incredibly simplistic view of mental illness which shows you have no understanding and I'm guessing no direct experience of it. If you did, there's no way you'd be so glib or so judgemental.

And then you go on to bring Epstein and Hitler into it, saying they had nothing to live for.
For one thing, Brian Epstein managed The Beatles.
If you mean Jeffrey then I would say he had a lot to live for : presumably another twenty or thirty years of sleazy parties.
As for Hitler, who cares ..?

FFS, you are unreal.

I don't know what to say .. or do.
Take a look in the mirror. Read up on mental health.
Stop and think before you hit the "submit" button in future.
Deleted User 728

Some reading for anyone interested in learning more about mental health :

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-sup ... -problems/

https://www.mind.org.uk/media/3244655/u ... s-2016.pdf
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Having been away a couple of days and only on my phone I've not got involved in this discussion that is spiralling.

BW, You may not like this but now having read all your posts I think its time to back off as the discussion is bouncing all over the place and not good for the forum.
Its clear your comment did upset a few members which I can understand having once known someone who committed suicide, it clearly raised concern with the moderators.

You say :-
blackpool white wrote: my comment was in direct response to sovietmule's attack on the press
However reading Soviets comment its clear that was directly related to the recent death.

Your comment as well as Soviets was in the deceased thread so looks as if its in direct relation to what happened.
Whether you meant it or not its clear that's how members read it so for me a swift retraction and apology would have been the right thing to do.

Trouble is when we all post we don't know anything about other members so really should think before posting especially on sensitive subjects.

I really can't understand why you want start this thread discussing a number of topics (Hitler, Epstein, diplomatic immunity, etc) when if we have members interested are all worthy of their own thread. However I'm not so sure the interest is really there to be honest.

Another member comments earlier in the thread that you are like "a dog with a bone" well can I suggest you bury that bone and apologise for your comment that offended some members then move on to some decent forum discussions.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Selby White wrote: I really can't understand why you want start this thread discussing a number of topics (Hitler, Epstein, diplomatic immunity, etc) when if we have members interested are all worthy of their own thread. However I'm not so sure the interest is really there to be honest.

That's down to me.

The other thread was being diverted from its original course - which is why I closed it, out of respect, and started a new one - and BW himself suggested discussing it elsewhere.
I then challenged him to do just that, so here we are ..
blackpool white

rigger wrote:
If you mean Jeffrey then I would say he had a lot to live for : presumably another twenty or thirty years of sleazy parties.
As for Hitler, who cares ..?

FFS, you are unreal.
You do know epstein killed himself in a police cell when facing life behind bars?

are you really suggesting that prison holds weekly sleazy parties?

And you call me unreal?

I am sorry that you do not agree with me, but know this, not one time through all this debate have I hurled any abuse towards you.

You asked me to justify my opinions which I have without the use of bad language or insults despite sufferring much insults from you.

Since the death of caroline flack many people have died who desperately wanted to cling to life, including children dying for want of food, all of whom deserve our sympathy more than those that choose to die cos the cps upset them.

Thats my honest opinion, and I will not change it to suit you.