Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:There was a demo in Southampton last night about it and I can assure you that there WAS social distancing going on.
The photos don't reflect well because perspective from a front-view makes everyone look bunched-up when they're actually not.

I can't say what happened in other cities, but down here it was well-observed by everyone and very responsibly handled and it also went off without a hitch.
With respect, it doesn't need many to ignore the distancing rules for chaos to resume, but as is usual with virtually everything these days, there's no middle ground in debates, it's one extreme or the other.

Noticed aerial photos from above Hyde Park, London yesterday... indisputable that some folk are not interested in social distancing rules/advice.
There is also the other part of the rule to consider - Groups of no more than 6 people.

Just narks me as someone who follows the rule that people think it doesn't apply to them. Seeing it happening around here where I live never mind a protest march.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
There is also the other part of the rule to consider - Groups of no more than 6 people.

Just narks me as someone who follows the rule that people think it doesn't apply to them. Seeing it happening around here where I live never mind a protest march.
Last night I was as angry as I’ve been in a long time seeing those idiots attacking the police & defacing war memorials ( when are we going to come down on these people, hard ) I’ve seen things over the last few weeks that make me ashamed to be British. A lot of the perpetrators are young who are putting grandparents/parents in danger. If anything happens to them will they be able to live with themselves ? Are we to expect a second wave thus confining us to our homes for even longer ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Last night I was as angry as I’ve been in a long time seeing those idiots attacking the police & defacing war memorials ( when are we going to come down on these people, hard ) I’ve seen things over the last few weeks that make me ashamed to be British. A lot of the perpetrators are young who are putting grandparents/parents in danger. If anything happens to them will they be able to live with themselves ? Are we to expect a second wave thus confining us to our homes for even longer ?
My feelings too, makes my blood boil to see the disregard for others.

Trouble is with protest however well meaning the organisers, the genuine protesters and of course the reason for the protest there is a group of what I call "James Deans" (Rebels without a cause) that will join them.
There only interest is causing havoc and the same people will have been at the last protest, the one before that and will be at the next one whatever the cause.

In these difficult times their protests should not be allowed, protest by online petitions or whatever the online methods possible but large gatherings should be illegal in my opinion.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

According to an article in The Telegraph today, Baldness is linked to a greater risk of severe coronavirus symptoms. Two studies were carried out in Spain. In one study 79% of the men with Covid19 in three Madrid hospitals were bald. In the other study, the figure was 71%.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:According to an article in The Telegraph today, Baldness is linked to a greater risk of severe coronavirus symptoms. Two studies were carried out in Spain. In one study 79% of the men with Covid19 in three Madrid hospitals were bald. In the other study, the figure was 71%.
As just under 90% of Covid19 deaths are people over the age of 65 that's not too surprising as those percentages also match the number of people that have some degree of Baldness in that age group.

Add to that Spain is the 2nd highest percentage of people with hair loss in Europe (UK is 5th).
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

We have finally cracked as Sunday we are planning to make the 300 mile round trip to meet the grandson that was born at Easter.

Mrs SW was holding out until the lockdown rules allowed a cuddle but we've given up on that so it'll just be nice to meet him even if it is from 2 metres away.
Just getting frustrated not knowing when lockdown will end, especially with so many people now bending the rules it wouldn't be a shock if things take a turn in the wrong direction again

Its weather permitting but forecast looks good so plan is to spend the afternoon in their garden as is now allowed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:We have finally cracked as Sunday we are planning to make the 300 mile round trip to meet the grandson that was born at Easter.

Mrs SW was holding out until the lockdown rules allowed a cuddle but we've given up on that so it'll just be nice to meet him even if it is from 2 metres away.
Just getting frustrated not knowing when lockdown will end, especially with so many people now bending the rules it wouldn't be a shock if things take a turn in the wrong direction again

Its weather permitting but forecast looks good so plan is to spend the afternoon in their garden as is now allowed.
To be completely honest, I don’t know what the rules are any longer, isn’t there something about a ‘support bubble’ going round and wouldn’t this be it ?.

Anyway, hope you and Mrs SW enjoy your special day, safe journey :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: To be completely honest, I don’t know what the rules are any longer, isn’t there something about a ‘support bubble’ going round and wouldn’t this be it ?.

Anyway, hope you and Mrs SW enjoy your special day, safe journey :thumbup:
Don’t think any of us know the rules anymore they seem to change daily. Anyway Mick enjoy your day & have a safe journey.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

SW enjoy your trip to see your grandchild, my parents have started to see our daughter and she is staying over next week with them.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Have a good day Mick. if you're staying in the car there and back and keeping social distancing whwn you get there then alls good if you ask me. This is such an important time for you both, missing out on seeing the wee man isn't good. It's the idiots that are partying and just generally ignoring the basic common sense options that really get me going.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders