Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Deleted User 728 »

To an extent I agree this would've been a trying time for any PM but the way they've handled certain things has been appalling, from the initial delayed lockdown to today's absolute clusterfudge with the retraining advertisement withdrawal.
I'm not going to go on a rant - you all know my leanings by now - but jobs for the boys and being completely out of touch with the public and reality itself means their situation is a lot worse than it should've been.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

We booked a week in Scotland for the end of the month back in July. We thought it's only Scotland we'll be alright :roll:

Obviously with the recent events we've cancelled it.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Because of the risk of lockdown over Christmas, my daughter decided to do a Christmas Day last Sunday and invited us over. We had decorations, presents, and Christmas dinner (with Christmas crackers) though it wasn't turkey, it was roast beef, Yorkshire pud etc., During the afternoon we had a Zoom meeting with the rest of the family. A really good day. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

BrighouseWhite wrote:We booked a week in Scotland for the end of the month back in July. We thought it's only Scotland we'll be alright :roll:

Obviously with the recent events we've cancelled it.
We had also booked a trip at the end of the month to see family in Glasgow then travel on to Oban. The flights were cancelled last week so we booked a trip to somewhere much further south and so far, so good.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

rigger wrote:To an extent I agree this would've been a trying time for any PM but the way they've handled certain things has been appalling, from the initial delayed lockdown to today's absolute clusterfudge with the retraining advertisement withdrawal.
I'm not going to go on a rant - you all know my leanings by now - but jobs for the boys and being completely out of touch with the public and reality itself means their situation is a lot worse than it should've been.
No rant from me either but I pretty much agree with the above. It could have been handled so much better but it seems the country is back at square one and very many more people will suffer than needed to.

Local lockdowns, particularly if they take the form of the one currently being applied to Liverpool, will have severe consequences for the people in those localities. There is no reason for the government not to simply pay the wages of employees and costs of business for a period to alleviate some of those problems, but so far I have seen nothing to suggest that they will.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just had my daily constitutional & am amazed that 80%+ of people aren’t wearing masks, unbelievable really
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just had my daily constitutional & am amazed that 80%+ of people aren’t wearing masks, unbelievable really
NW, was that out in the fresh air? I went to the shop today, wore my mask and followed all the instructions in the store. Dumped my shopping in the car and went for a short walk as it was a lovely day. Didn't wear my mask for that, hardly anyone about. Never wear my mask outdoors unless I am somewhere where it is likely to be busy.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, I'm with John on this, provided you were in a park or woodland or something.
If you're still urban I find even then people don't generally wear them on the street : only the 40+ or people going in and out of shops generally.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW has just done a Covid test.

She was contacted (selected at random) to see if she would volunteer.
It was a home test kit they sent, now awaiting a courier that is coming to collect it.

Anyone else done one ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Mrs SW has just done a Covid test.

She was contacted (selected at random) to see if she would volunteer.
It was a home test kit they sent, now awaiting a courier that is coming to collect it.

Anyone else done one ?
No, I did read about these volunteer tests, hope all is well with Mrs SW.

The one they really need to get sorted in massive amounts, is the test to see whether you have had it already. I appreciate it gives no absolute guarantee that you won’t get it again, but it’s unlikely from what all the medics have said.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.