Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Mrs SW has just done a Covid test.

She was contacted (selected at random) to see if she would volunteer.
It was a home test kit they sent, now awaiting a courier that is coming to collect it.

Anyone else done one ?
No, I did read about these volunteer tests, hope all is well with Mrs SW.

The one they really need to get sorted in massive amounts, is the test to see whether you have had it already. I appreciate it gives no absolute guarantee that you won’t get it again, but it’s unlikely from what all the medics have said.
Everything fine she is quite pleased to be selected, only down side is you have to stay home waiting for it to be collected (usually go for a walk in a morning). They were supposed to email a time for collection, nothing yet.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

Barlow Boy wrote: The one they really need to get sorted in massive amounts, is the test to see whether you have had it already. I appreciate it gives no absolute guarantee that you won’t get it again, but it’s unlikely from what all the medics have said.
I got one of these antigen tests in the post a few weeks back. I never requested it and hadn't signed up for it. The blurb said I was chosen at random.

Reading the literature it said "if the test show negative, it doesn't necessarily mean you haven't had the virus. If the test shows positive, it doesn't necessarily mean you have had the virus."
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Yes they are selecting people at random.

You are correct that the tests are not 100% they are open about that but its still what is available (its the same in other countries).
Hopefully the worlds scientists will keep improving it.

It is accurate with the majority of people so well worth doing if you get the chance, simple to do and why wouldn't you want to know if you are carrying the virus ?
Can then protect others by going into quarantine, its a no brainer for me.
Chilihead
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Chilihead »

Living in Oklahoma is interesting these days. Being Trump carried every county last election, it really is infested with dumbasses.

The sheer amount of stupidity in this state is staggering. People will rail against someone asking them to wear a mask, and then buckle their seat belt without a second thought. They'll question the science behind Covid, and then jump in an elevator without question.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but don't care at this point. My parents are in their 70's. That's what I care about.
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think Trump is beyond offensive by now - fill your boots, mate : I don't think anyone in here will mind :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Should put this on the "Worth watching on TV " thread but the Comey Rule is a must watch for anyone with sky or who can access it another way https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/ ... comey-rule
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

4 students from Nottingham Trent University fined £10000 each for holding an illegal party. When police turned up they were told everyone had left however upon a search students were found in the kitchen & bathroom. All 4 have been suspended & will probably lose their places at the university.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just changed to Tier 3 here from Thursday here, bloody hell. Students again.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Well that’s the gym closed again, no going to football either, which means I’m at home all the time again with the Mrs.

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote: Anyone know a good divorce lawyer ?
:lol:

Not that it's relevant now BB but did you notice we moved to tier 2 this morning.