Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Coronavirus

Post by johnh »

Son phoned today to tell us that granddaughter, who qualified as a dentist last year, has had the virus. Fortunately, she has come through it OK, mind you, she is fit from her swimming.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Son phoned today to tell us that granddaughter, who qualified as a dentist last year, has had the virus.
Very pleased to hear she has come through it Sir John :thumbup:.

That’s the key to it, getting people tested as quickly as possible, so those who have had it and unlikely to get it again, can resume normal life. Not as easy as it sounds unfortunately.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Son phoned today to tell us that granddaughter, who qualified as a dentist last year, has had the virus. Fortunately, she has come through it OK, mind you, she is fit from her swimming.
Thants great news John.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I read that medical scientists will be requiring blood samples from survivors to find the antibodies. I know granddaughter will be first in the queue. I know I am biased but she is an incredibly hard worker at everything she does. As a junior, she represented Great Britain as a swimmer. (She used to train with Rebecca Adlington). I think I posted her training schedule on here once. Up at 4.30am to train before school (every day) and then again in the evening. Same on Saturday, Sunday day of rest! You may get the impression that I'm a bit proud of the lass. Have also posted on here that I think she gets her work ethic from daughter in law! :D
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

disease expert Didier Raoult might be on to a unassailable Nobel Prize if his claims are true and work out:
https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/23/cli ... rus-treatm

He's no charlatan, got an amazing track record:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Raoult
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

johnh wrote:Son phoned today to tell us that granddaughter, who qualified as a dentist last year, has had the virus. Fortunately, she has come through it OK, mind you, she is fit from her swimming.
Happy to hear that John. I think that they are hoping this is happening more often so there can be a what they call it a herd immunity as more and more people overcome this virus the immune system builds its own antibodies to memorize and annul the future coronavirus which will stay around for awhile.
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Britain's PM has tested positive for coronavirus...
Boris Johnson is self-isolating but not stepping back from his duties for the time being
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Here in the Philippines they are taking extra measures on Monday for a month where all shops will be closed for the whole month and if you need food you will be given food packages free by the local authorities. I think it's a good thing to do considering the amount of people who are infected that don't know it yet as there wasn't any testing done until this week here.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

daib0 wrote:Britain's PM has tested positive for coronavirus...
Boris Johnson is self-isolating but not stepping back from his duties for the time being
Matt Hancock too, the rest of the cabinet, Rishi Sunak and the medical men and women will be next.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had a prescription to pick up today. Phoned the Chemist to check it was ready. Went round in the car, parked up outside and phoned to tell them I was there. Chemist came out and put them on the back seat through the open rear window. The only slight hitch was when I phoned from my mobile in the car, the line was engaged for several minutes as they are obviously very busy.