Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Had a prescription to pick up today. Phoned the Chemist to check it was ready. Went round in the car, parked up outside and phoned to tell them I was there. Chemist came out and put them on the back seat through the open rear window. The only slight hitch was when I phoned from my mobile in the car, the line was engaged for several minutes as they are obviously very busy.
Things may take a little longer but main thing is to stay safe John :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The guy who got the first Dyson ventilator is picking up well.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:The guy who got the first Dyson ventilator is picking up well.
Blimey :roll:

I first heard Frank Carson do that one about 30 years ago :
A man's hurt in an accident with a vacuum cleaner. I phoned hospital to see how he was. Nurse said: "He's picking up."
:lol:
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Ordered a chinese last night. Little chinese driver comes to the door and I walk out to meet him. He shouts "isolate, isolate". I say, "mate calm down, I only ordered half an hour ago."
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’ve watched pretty much every one of the governments daily pressers, for me, they are now just going round and round in circles.

Same old questions, same old answers (and that is if they actually answer the question).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve watched pretty much every one of the governments daily pressers, for me, they are now just going round and round in circles.

Same old questions, same old answers (and that is if they actually answer the question).
A good mate of mine lost his mum, who was also a good friend, on Sunday night, not from the virus but the situation is affected by it of course. Leeds City Council have said that they are not allowing funeral services. This would be acceptable if that was the government's ruling but as far as we know, it isn't. It's infuriating really, and hurtful. My mate and his wife and son and daughter all work for NHS. I live in Leeds and have seen today roadworks and pavement works AND a building site all in full operation, and there was no 'social distancing' going on at all.

In general, the government ramming austerity down our gullets for months in recent times is now coming back and biting us, today has been the worst one for numbers of deaths from the virus.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Saw a lot of temp job ads for funeral arrangers and operatives as well as one for a mobile embalmer today in a weekly email I get from Indeed.

Sad times indeed ..
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I live in Leeds and have seen today roadworks and pavement works AND a building site all in full operation, and there was no 'social distancing' going on at all.

In general, the government ramming austerity down our gullets for months in recent times is now coming back and biting us, today has been the worst one for numbers of deaths from the virus.
I had the same thought over the weekend when I saw how many roadworks and temporary traffic lights had sprung up. It's as if they are taking the opportunity to do the work while everyone is told to stay at home. There's no way the workers aren't keeping 2 metres apart all day. We've had the idiot across the road have a skip delivered and some of his mates round to work on their conservatory at the back of the house. I just don't understand some people's thinking when we're told every day to stay in and don't mix with people from other households until this is over.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

BrighouseWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:I live in Leeds and have seen today roadworks and pavement works AND a building site all in full operation, and there was no 'social distancing' going on at all.

I had the same thought over the weekend when I saw how many roadworks and temporary traffic lights had sprung up. It's as if they are taking the opportunity to do the work while everyone is told to stay at home. There's no way the workers aren't keeping 2 metres apart all day. We've had the idiot across the road have a skip delivered and some of his mates round to work on their conservatory at the back of the house. I just don't understand some people's thinking when we're told every day to stay in and don't mix with people from other households until this is over.
Have you seen coverage today of the building and planned opening of the Nightingale temp hospital for the virus? I must def be missing something but there are lots of people working in there and planning their strategies etc, often next to each other... no gloves or masks or distancing going on at all. Am I being dim?
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Just cycled home from work along the prom and then nipped the dog around the block. Definatley a buzz of activity this week here in Blackpool compared to last week.