LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just been to get my fish and chips. Arrangements are: Go in one by one and place order. Wait outside and they call you when your order is ready. Works fine. When I got there, the small queue was mainly elderly and middle-aged people. Placed my order and waited outside. Everyone abiding by social distancing. Then two lads came, about 19/20 years old. No masks. They went straight into the chippy while there was a woman in there and the owner had to tell them to leave. They came out and couldn't keep still. Continually walking up and down the pavement with no regard to social distancing. People continually having to get out of their way. I would have said something but they were two 'Jack the lad's' and I am a bit too long in the tooth now to get involved in this sort of hassle. I was disappointed that non of the younger guys didn't say anything either. Does annoy me this kind of thing. If I'd been 20 years younger their feet wouldn't have touched the ground.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Feral youth. Lots of them where I live and most of them think they're indestructible.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just heard on the news there as been a 30% drop in the infection rate since start of this lockdown. :thumbup:

Although a long way to go its a bit of good news but to add a negative I suspect it will all be undone by the new year :thumbdown:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Just heard on the news there as been a 30% drop in the infection rate since start of this lockdown. :thumbup:

Although a long way to go its a bit of good news but to add a negative I suspect it will all be undone by the new year :thumbdown:
I still don’t understand this relaxing of the rules at Christmas :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Just heard on the news there as been a 30% drop in the infection rate since start of this lockdown. :thumbup:

I still don’t understand this relaxing of the rules at Christmas :crazy:
100% agree BB lets beat this thing then get life back to normal.
While people are still dying at an alarming rate we should be doing everything we can.

Wonder how many people will have a big family Christmas and live to regret it will happen somewhere :crazy:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The logic behind the Xmas break in the rules must be political : it would be a massive vote loser if lockdown was enforced.

I think the govt also know that a large percentage of the public would break lockdown anyway at that time of year, reasoning "If I can't see my family then, when will I be able to ?"
It's that bloodymindedness that also makes certain people defy the rules about masks and social distancing.
It's a puerile response to authority akin to what's happening in America with Trump supporters ...
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:The logic behind the Xmas break in the rules must be political : it would be a massive vote loser if lockdown was enforced.

I think the govt also know that a large percentage of the public would break lockdown anyway at that time of year, reasoning "If I can't see my family then, when will I be able to ?"
It's that bloodymindedness that also makes certain people defy the rules about masks and social distancing.
It's a puerile response to authority akin to what's happening in America with Trump supporters ...
Agree its like been 1-0 down in a football match but just getting on top and looking likely to score so take your 3 best players off.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote:The logic behind the Xmas break in the rules must be political : it would be a massive vote loser if lockdown was enforced.

Agree its like been 1-0 down in a football match but just getting on top and looking likely to score so take your 3 best players off.
You sound like Professor Van Tam with his penalty analogies SW :D :D :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
You sound like Professor Van Tam with his penalty analogies SW :D :D :D
Is he anything to Claude?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders