Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Got back in the gym this morning, amazing the number of people who said they knew someone who had tested positive this time round. Sadly, like me, one person had been to a Covid funeral during the second lockdown :thumbdown:
Mrs SW has just booked to go swimming there tomoz (assuming you were at the Leisure Centre).
Yes SW :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Wigan White wrote:Mate of mine tested positive for the virus last week, and a couple of days ago his wife was taken to hospital in a pretty bad way.

She's been on and off a ventilator as they are struggling to keep her oxygen levels up.

My friend has spoken to the doctor earlier this evening and been told that it's 50/50. Fingers crossed.
Update.

Friends wife is now home. It's going to be a long recovery and she still isn't well but at least things are going in the right direction.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Mate of mine tested positive for the virus last week, and a couple of days ago his wife was taken to hospital in a pretty bad way.

She's been on and off a ventilator as they are struggling to keep her oxygen levels up.

My friend has spoken to the doctor earlier this evening and been told that it's 50/50. Fingers crossed.
Update.

Friends wife is now home. It's going to be a long recovery and she still isn't well but at least things are going in the right direction.
That’s great to hear Al :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Wigan White wrote:

Update.

Excellent news :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Nikki's and myself were due to have our Centenary stones installed in the Centenary Square July this year.Due to COVID and lockdown understandably this was delayed. Just had another email to say they will be further delayed until next year :(
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

London about to become Tier 3. Not before time in my opinion.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:London about to become Tier 3. Not before time in my opinion.
Not surprised its spreading, those ignoring the rules I blame with weekly protesters, illegal raves/party's, family get togethers along with a total denial by some of the members of society are making it far worse in my view.

Shocking and sad how some folk behave.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Yes London Tier 3 from midnight Wednesday as SW says they’ve not really helped themselves. Fat Frank wants fans to still be able to attend games. If brains were dynamite & all that. Welcome to COVID-19 Britain, London.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Labour leader Keir Starmer urged Boris Johnson to convene an emergency meeting as respected medical journals the BMJ and HSJ called for the 'rash' festive easing to be axed - even though it is due to start in just nine days and many families will already have made travel arrangements. Sir Keir made the intervention after days of sitting on the fence on the issue, saying he is 'increasingly worried' about the loosening but refusing to call for it to be ditched. Tory MPs are also increasingly nervous about the UK-wide proposals with cases surging and fears over a new potentially more infectious coronavirus strain, while the Welsh government has indicated it could think again London mayor Sadiq Khan has added his voice to the demands, but predicted that the PM will not shift because he won't want to be seen as 'cancelling Christmas'. As Mr Johnson gathered Cabinet to discuss the ongoing crisis, Treasury minister Steve Barclay said the relaxation plans were constantly being looked at, although he stressed the government was not going to 'criminalise' people who want to see their relatives. Under the festive easing, up to three households are allowed to meet for five days between December 23 and 27.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The reason we’re now not going away for Christmas is that it’s hard to understand how we can come out of lockdown for 5 days then go back into it. Sorry I can see the above happening.