Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DominanceUK »

I think with some people, it's an inability to count to 6! I went to Roundhay Park in Leeds yesterday with my partner for a picnic and people simply didn't care about social distancing, because the govt has eased on some restrictions and with it being hot and it's a weekend people just don't care... if only it was winter, plenty of wind and rain and minus temperatures!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

DominanceUK wrote:I think with some people, it's an inability to count to 6! I went to Roundhay Park in Leeds yesterday with my partner for a picnic and people simply didn't care about social distancing, because the govt has eased on some restrictions and with it being hot and it's a weekend people just don't care... if only it was winter, plenty of wind and rain and minus temperatures!
Agree with that Dom the weather isn't helping but people are still stupid not keeping their distance. Expect this will kick back and haunt a few of them.

I appreciate we are lucky having a biggish garden and enjoy a bit of pottering and relaxing on the patio watching the many birds (feathered) that visit.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

PS we’ve given up on seeing any cricket this year, purely selfish I know.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Alcohol will see ALL distancing laws ignored.
Once anyone's had two pints, they'll forget all about it ..
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Rod Liddle writing in the paper today:

"Here's a bet: you don't wash your hands with anything like the avidity you did around about Easter, do you?"

Guilty as charged......
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

mapperleywhite wrote:Rod Liddle writing in the paper today:

"Here's a bet: you don't wash your hands with anything like the avidity you did around about Easter, do you?"

Guilty as charged......
He also said, regarding the use of the lavatory in someone else's house, you must scrub down the entire room with bleach or something afterwards. Guests who are caught short and use the kitchen sink are advised to do so only if they take the dishes out first. (I think I've got this right. Could someone check? Rod.)
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

johnh wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:Rod Liddle writing in the paper today:

Guilty as charged......
He also said, regarding the use of the lavatory in someone else's house, you must scrub down the entire room with bleach or something afterwards. Guests who are caught short and use the kitchen sink are advised to do so only if they take the dishes out first. (I think I've got this right. Could someone check? Rod.)
Good to know someone else reads this stuff John! His tongue-in-cheek style entertains me endlessly - ok he's a Millscum supporter for some reason, and he's scaled back his anti-LUFC rhetoric recently.

Still guilty as charged though, even having just showered :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

40,000 deaths and people are still ignoring the rules. The mixture of some people having absolutely no common sense and the Government purposely muddying the waters is working great for them secretly banking on herd immunity.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Aaron wrote:40,000 deaths and people are still ignoring the rules. The mixture of some people having absolutely no common sense and the Government purposely muddying the waters is working great for them secretly banking on herd immunity.
Sadly the people ignoring the rules are either stupid or selfish.
Stupid if they don't understand them after so many weeks and to be honest I don't go along with the muddying the waters theory, I find I fully understand what 2 metres is. As from today 6 people are allowed to meet outdoors as long as enforcing the 2 metres. Nothing complicated in that for me.

Selfish people is the biggest issue in my eyes, have heard some younger people quoting the figures that very few under 50's get it bad or die from it compared with older age groups. What is certain is they still can catch it and still pass it on to others with the probability of it been to their parents or grandparents (who may actually die).
Of course is not helped by the likes of Cummins :crazy: , the labour MP that has just quit her shadow cabinet role (but not quit her salary job as an MP :roll: ) or the SNP leader who drove 600 mile to his other home on Skye :shock: . And they are the ones that have got caught, will be surprised if there is not others.
Still I wont be using them as an excuse and following their examples, grew up believing the saying "Two wrongs don't make a Right".
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Shocking pictures on social media from the weekend with crowded beaches & huge amounts of litter left. I can’t decide if it’s arrogance or ignorance.
Winner of the Europa League