Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Coronavirus

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I see if you want proof of having had your COVID-19 vaccine your local GP will give you a letter at a cost of a bargain £30 :roll:
When you get your jab, you are given a card which shows your name, name of vaccine, batch number and date vaccine given.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:I see if you want proof of having had your COVID-19 vaccine your local GP will give you a letter at a cost of a bargain £30 :roll:
When you get your jab, you are given a card which shows your name, name of vaccine, batch number and date vaccine given.
My dad asked the nurse if the little card he got given will get him into the pubs and clubs :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:
Selby White wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:
Selby White wrote: Just read the small print on the letter and I get swab test kit which is then collected by a courier and taken to a Lab. Apparently it does tell you if you've had the virus. :thumbup:
I had exactly the same test earlier this month SW but it didn't tell me whether I'd already had the virus, just if I had it when the test was taken. Which I hadn't as it came back negative :D
Yes that's what I thought as MrSW got chosen a few weeks back and it was as you describe but this letter is worded different to hers.
Will see what happens and what it says when the kit arrives.
Sounds like it may be different then.
Sadly not, did it Sunday and its the same one I think.
The letter with the test kit stated will tell you if you "HAVE the virus" where the previous letter said "HAD the virus".

Still will await result because have had a bit of a cold and at time of test and a slight sore throat.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A lady we know mid 50’s had her vaccine today no health issues, based in London. How’s that work then ?
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:A lady we know mid 50’s had her vaccine today no health issues, based in London. How’s that work then ?
I did read that some GP practices, or vaccination centres, are calling people up to come and get the vaccine if they anticipate that the vaccines they have stored will be wasted if not used. One place, might have been here or abroad, just before they were closing, literally went into the street to offer the vaccines to passers by rather than waste it.

Must say though, your example is an odd one.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:A lady we know mid 50’s had her vaccine today no health issues, based in London. How’s that work then ?
Does seem strange, according to the list the only under 70's in the top four groups (other than vulnerable) are Care Home workers, frontline NHS & Social workers.
Seems strange to me such as the Police who are having to deal hands on with those abusing the rules are not on the list.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I must admit we were surprised when she posted on Facebook but she’s definitely had it.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I must admit we were surprised when she posted on Facebook but she’s definitely had it.
Was on the news a few days back that some areas had made errors inviting people not on the priority list and some had been wrongly injected, wonder if she is one of those.

On the opposite side a area in Sheffield was on the local news that they had been injecting faster than the national rate and was refused extra vaccine to move forward to other groups. Was told had to wait for rest to catch up as it was unfair.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Got my appointment tomorrow afternoon at 16:55 & the 2nd one on 28th April :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Got my appointment tomorrow afternoon at 16:55 & the 2nd one on 28th April :D
:thumbup:

You got your second date before me. Haven't heard anything yet.
I once played against Don Revie.