Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NottinghamWhite »

johnh wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Got my appointment tomorrow afternoon at 16:55 & the 2nd one on 28th April :D
:thumbup:

You got your second date before me. Haven't heard anything yet.
I was surprised got a message & scrolled through & found a slot for my age group. The slots were going quickly so went a couple of hours later & bingo.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Got my appointment tomorrow afternoon at 16:55 & the 2nd one on 28th April :D
:thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Was concerned about the after-effects of my Pfizer jab. For several days, every time I touched the area where they had injected, I got a sharp pain. Sorted since the Doc put a dressing on my broken finger.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Was concerned about the after-effects of my Pfizer jab. For several days, every time I touched the area where they had injected, I got a sharp pain. Sorted since the Doc put a dressing on my broken finger.
:crazy: :lol:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Well that was easy yesterday in total from leaving the house to coming back in the front door 1 hour & 5 minutes, the NHS running like a well oiled machine :clap: Lots of apprehension whilst folk queued for the vaccine but in the waiting room afterwards so nice to hear people laughing & I’m sure under their masks beaming. I even got a sticker :D
Roll on April 28th for the second one. Good luck to those going for their jabs, I did feel a (little) prick though :roll:
God bless the NHS.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Had to pop out earlier and there was a funeral at a local Sikh temple and the road was rammed with cars and people :twisted: some folk seem hell bent on this virus staying. Unbelievable, I know people want to mourn but we’ve all made sacrifices this last 12 months without breaking any rules.
Rant over.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Got an email from my sister to say that brother (13 months older than me) has got Covid. Phoned him and he said today is his last day of isolation. He had the first vaccination several weeks ago. He said he is a lot better than he was but is still very weak, no appetite, can't concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes. I asked him if he had been given any medication but he said 'no'. In the retirement house he is in, 5 people got it (apparently from a cleaner) and one has died.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Over a week on & both of us have had no side effects from our jab, no even a dead arm ( something we both get after the flu jab)
It seems our next door neighbours ( Hungarian) have gone away for half term, I really credited them with more sense. Why can’t after all this time folk stick it out for a bit longer ?
It seems cases are falling at last let’s hope we’re on the road to recovery.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Over a week on & both of us have had no side effects from our jab, no even a dead arm ( something we both get after the flu jab)
It seems our next door neighbours ( Hungarian) have gone away for half term, I really credited them with more sense. Why can’t after all this time folk stick it out for a bit longer ?
The worst thing the government could've said imo, NW. Just because the numbers have fallen, people will start to think it's ok to resume 'normality'. I would've lied, it's not morally correct but at least we have a better chance of getting away from this.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

DominanceUK wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Over a week on & both of us have had no side effects from our jab, no even a dead arm ( something we both get after the flu jab)
The worst thing the government could've said imo, NW. Just because the numbers have fallen, people will start to think it's ok to resume 'normality'. I would've lied, it's not morally correct but at least we have a better chance of getting away from this.
I said this to Jeanna as soon as it came on the radio yesterday.