Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Barlow Boy »

Completely out of the blue, got my jab invite today, booked in for Thursday morning :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Completely out of the blue, got my jab invite today, booked in for Thursday morning :thumbup:
Still nothing at this end of town, hope not long though.
They do seem to be rattling through them.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Completely out of the blue, got my jab invite today, booked in for Thursday morning :thumbup:
As you probably know they have the mass vaccination centre now, no doubt that’s helped speed things up, didn’t expect anything for a couple of weeks at least for me though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

rigger wrote:So I'm 54 and type 2 diabetic and I've just booked my first jab for this Saturday :)

Good stuff it’s a relief once it’s done, possibly psychosomatic but even so the relief is palpable , well it was in my case.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Selby White wrote:
I'm 55 and on immunosuppressants, still haven't heard a thing yet.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Just booked our jabs on a NHS link for next Thursday and the 2nd one in May, i`m 63 and my wife 62, it seems a lot of people are doing it so give it a try,
go on NHS website, book a coronavirus vaccination(COVwww.nhs.uk) good luck.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Me and her indoors got a phone call today for our second vaccination. Booked for 8.15 am. Told them we aren't washed, shaved and dressed till about 10, o'clock so they are trying to organise a later appointment. (The 'shaved' bit refers to her indoors :lol: )
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Had my jab this morning, all very efficient stuff at the centre, hats off to the volunteers helping out :clap: :clap: :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Had my jab this morning, all very efficient stuff at the centre, hats off to the volunteers helping out :clap: :clap: :clap:
Where did you go BB ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Where did you go BB ?
Summit Centre, next to the gym, my Mrs had hers today too.

The efficiency and speed is phenomenal. You had to wait for 15 minutes afterwards, and I was watching how smooth the operation is, everyone knows what they are doing to the second. Very impressive stuff.