Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Barlow Boy »

France effectively going into another lockdown.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

All down to Macron. Hopefully, he has blown the election, what a disaster he is.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I saw that Ian Rush had his second jab yesterday, how’s that then he’s only 59 ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: I had mine at a large vaccination centre next to a gym (ironically it’s the gym I attend 3 days a week in normal times). The vaccination centre have taken over the whole car park, but I’m not sure what will happen there when the gym reopens on the 12th April.

As for folk taking over parking spaces, which are supposed to be used by those receiving the jab, it beggars belief.
Walked past this morning and only 3 or 4 cars in the car park, we were surprised to see it empty, was just before 10am.
Really, what’s that all about then, they must have suspended the jabs or something :shock:
Not a clue the door from summit was open and a barrier there but never saw anyone go in or out.

Everyone around here are having to go to York and one of our neighbours told me its because they are only now doing the vulnerable at Selby, sent by a Doc.

Have noticed that nationally numbers are now just over 200,000 jabs per day when a couple of weeks back it was 600'000 or so breaking records. Wonder if they are having to slow down because of supply ? Just a thought.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Well things have opened up that little bit more, been to the gym this morning, I’ve not seen so many smiling faces in a long time, great to get back a bit of normality although I’m aching already so not sure what I’ll be like tomorrow :D.

I won’t be rushing for a haircut though, loads of people queuing outside waiting to get a trim :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Received a Covid 19 Self-Test (Rapid Antigen Test) through the post today. Says NHS Test and Trace on the package.

Haven't ordered any and wondering why I've been sent it.

Anyone else received one and know why?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:Received a Covid 19 Self-Test (Rapid Antigen Test) through the post today. Says NHS Test and Trace on the package.

Is that the one where you can see if you have built up the antibodies after the after having the vaccine Al ?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Well things have opened up that little bit more, been to the gym this morning, I’ve not seen so many smiling faces in a long time, great to get back a bit of normality although I’m aching already so not sure what I’ll be like tomorrow :D.

I won’t be rushing for a haircut though, loads of people queuing outside waiting to get a trim :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs SW booked swimming for later this week, Wednesday morning I think she said.

Don't think I'll be needing the Gym, just had 90 paving slabs delivered :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Received a Covid 19 Self-Test (Rapid Antigen Test) through the post today. Says NHS Test and Trace on the package.

Is that the one where you can see if you have built up the antibodies after the after having the vaccine Al ?
Not a Clue.

Problem solved though. Mrs WW just back from work and told me that she had sent for it. :roll:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Well things have opened up that little bit more, been to the gym this morning, I’ve not seen so many smiling faces in a long time, great to get back a bit of normality although I’m aching already so not sure what I’ll be like tomorrow :D.

Mrs SW booked swimming for later this week, Wednesday morning I think she said.

Don't think I'll be needing the Gym, just had 90 paving slabs delivered :crazy:
Be bloomin' careful mate, warm-up before and don't twist owt or try shifting/lifting more than necessary.

2nd jab on Thursday morning, pleasant surprise text yesterday.