Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I note several anti vaccers are dying with Covid-19 one a mother of 4 despite her own mother dying of the virus refused to have the jab. I really can’t understand what they are thinking.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I note several anti vaccers are dying with Covid-19 one a mother of 4 despite her own mother dying of the virus refused to have the jab. I really can’t understand what they are thinking.
Sheer stupidity, its so clear the whole world is struggling with this awful virus.

Interesting statistics if anyone hasn't seen it from the ONS -

Fully vaccinated people are much less likely to die with Covid-19 than those who aren't, or have had only one dose, figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

Out of more than 51,000 Covid deaths in England between January and July 2021, only 256 occurred after two doses.

They were mostly people at very high risk from illness from Covid-19.

The figures show the high degree of protection from the vaccines against illness and death, the ONS said.

Some deaths after vaccination were always expected because vaccines are not 100% effective, and it takes a couple of weeks after your second dose to build the fullest protection.

Of the 51,281 deaths involving Covid registered in England between 2 January and 2 July 2021:

640 (1.2%) were people who had received both vaccine doses
This total includes people who had been infected before they were vaccinated
Some 458 deaths (0.8%) were people who died at least 21 days after their second dose
Just 256 deaths (0.5%) were people who were both fully vaccinated and who had their first positive PCR test at least 14 days after their second dose
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:I note several anti vaccers are dying with Covid-19 one a mother of 4 despite her own mother dying of the virus refused to have the jab. I really can’t understand what they are thinking.
Sheer stupidity, its so clear the whole world is struggling with this awful virus.

Interesting statistics if anyone hasn't seen it from the ONS -

Fully vaccinated people are much less likely to die with Covid-19 than those who aren't, or have had only one dose, figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

Out of more than 51,000 Covid deaths in England between January and July 2021, only 256 occurred after two doses.

They were mostly people at very high risk from illness from Covid-19.

The figures show the high degree of protection from the vaccines against illness and death, the ONS said.

Some deaths after vaccination were always expected because vaccines are not 100% effective, and it takes a couple of weeks after your second dose to build the fullest protection.

Of the 51,281 deaths involving Covid registered in England between 2 January and 2 July 2021:

640 (1.2%) were people who had received both vaccine doses
This total includes people who had been infected before they were vaccinated
Some 458 deaths (0.8%) were people who died at least 21 days after their second dose
Just 256 deaths (0.5%) were people who were both fully vaccinated and who had their first positive PCR test at least 14 days after their second dose
Sadly, there are many people opposed to vaccinations, one current conspiracy theory being that the firms who make Pfizer and AZ etc are on the take with corrupt government officials and insisting on multiple jabs so as to keep getting paid. Another theory I have definitely heard mentioned is that many of reported so-called Covid deaths are/were actually influenza and not Covid. Unfortunately, and I'm not being political here, while we have government and health officials who many don't seem to trust, these stupid (IMO) conspiracy theories will remain. Maddening isn't it?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just a heads up to anyone having their booster jab both Sue & I have felt very drowsy for several days after the injection I certainly won’t be planning on driving any distance in the near future. It probably won’t affect others but it is there as a side effect.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just a heads up to anyone having their booster jab both Sue & I have felt very drowsy for several days after the injection I certainly won’t be planning on driving any distance in the near future. It probably won’t affect others but it is there as a side effect.
Thanks for the heads up NW, a friend of Mrs B said she felt terrible for a few days afterwards.

We’ve got ours to look forward to on Saturday :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I have been feeling drowsy for several years. :lol: Have had zero reaction to any of the jabs and we have had them all.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just a heads up to anyone having their booster jab both Sue & I have felt very drowsy for several days after the injection I certainly won’t be planning on driving any distance in the near future. It probably won’t affect others but it is there as a side effect.
Thanks for the heads up NW, a friend of Mrs B said she felt terrible for a few days afterwards.

We’ve got ours to look forward to on Saturday :shock:
The only side effect we had was the tiredness nowt else. Think different people different reactions. Anyway you’ll be reet ;)
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I read yesterday that doctors will be offered £15 for every jab they give plus they’ll receive overtime if they have to work over the weekend.

Just popped to Tesco to fill up with petrol and despite a large sign on the door saying the wearing of a mask is mandatory no one including the staff had one on, I did though.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I read yesterday that doctors will be offered £15 for every jab they give plus they’ll receive overtime if they have to work over the weekend.

Just popped to Tesco to fill up with petrol and despite a large sign on the door saying the wearing of a mask is mandatory no one including the staff had one on, I did though.
I just don't understand :?
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:I read yesterday that doctors will be offered £15 for every jab they give plus they’ll receive overtime if they have to work over the weekend.

I just don't understand :?
Sadly says everything about the education system and even more about people's consideration to others.