Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sadly, you're probably right .. let's wait for The Guardian's Monday edition, shall we ? ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

johnh wrote:

I agree with Rigger's points but it did cross my mind that the delay was probably due to some senior politician or member of the House of Lords having a big 'do' this week-end. :shifty:
That never crossed my mind, although the last time things were delayed didn’t Boris hold a christening :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Fines of £800 for anyone attending a house party of more than 15 people will be introduced in England from next week, under new Covid measures.
Why again from next week why not with immediate effect ? This is the thing that really angers me, why can’t the government do things instantly why do rules always take days to become effective. Pathetic it really is, grow a pair Boris :twisted:
Am I being really thick here, but why is the number 15 people ?
Same thinking as you, BB. Who decided this because let's be honest, there will be very few parties of 15 and more unless it's a bday for example. Absolutely bonkers. Fine anyone who has people outside of their 'bubble'. They need to crack down on it or what's the point? £800 is laughable, probably be able to pay it back in weekly installments too... of a quid!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Well our neighbours opposite went out “ shopping “ yesterday & still haven’t come home. How hard can people make lockdown for everybody else :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote: £800 is laughable, probably be able to pay it back in weekly installments too... of a quid!
That really made me chuckle :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Sadly the deaths here in the UK have gone passed 100,000 yesterday and there’s still people who still don’t think it’s real.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Sadly the deaths here in the UK have gone passed 100,000 yesterday and there’s still people who still don’t think it’s real.
Certainly a sad milestone and as for the none believers the words I'd use wouldn't be allowed on this forum :twisted:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Sadly the deaths here in the UK have gone passed 100,000 yesterday and there’s still people who still don’t think it’s real.
The capacity at Wembley Stadium is around 90,000, puts it into perspective for me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just had a letter from Imperial College to take part in Covid testing survey.

Filled in the survey and getting test kit sent.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Just had a letter from Imperial College to take part in Covid testing survey.

Filled in the survey and getting test kit sent.
Do you know if that test says whether you’ve already had the virus or not SW ?