Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sadly Rob Price, head of medicine and performance at the club, has lost both his Mum and Dad to the virus this week :( :( :(
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Sue’s had her vaccine date through
That's great news, hopefully everyone has theirs soon.
Reckon I’ll get mine around the 25th February or there about. That’s if the EU haven’t nicked it all :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Heard rumours that Captain Sir Tom Moore who raised all that money is in hospital with COVID, keep fighting Tom!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mr Russell wrote:Heard rumours that Captain Sir Tom Moore who raised all that money is in hospital with COVID, keep fighting Tom!
Yes, sadly, he’s tested positive for the virus.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Heard rumours that Captain Sir Tom Moore who raised all that money is in hospital with COVID, keep fighting Tom!
Yes, sadly, he’s tested positive for the virus.
Fingers crossed for him.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Found out this morning that a good dog walking pal of mine, I’ve had a walk with him at least 5 times a week for the last 7 years, passed away yesterday from the virus. That’s the second good neighbour of mine lost to it.

Take care everyone, we are nowhere near the end of this yet.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Found out this morning that a good dog walking pal of mine, I’ve had a walk with him at least 5 times a week for the last 7 years, passed away yesterday from the virus. That’s the second good neighbour of mine lost to it.

That must really hit home when it's people you know and in a small area. Sorry to hear that BB/
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Found out this morning that a good dog walking pal of mine, I’ve had a walk with him at least 5 times a week for the last 7 years, passed away yesterday from the virus. That’s the second good neighbour of mine lost to it.

That must really hit home when it's people you know and in a small area. Sorry to hear that BB/
Yeah, just been out now and it feels very odd to say the least.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

On our Boris Walk this morning we decided to call at the local cemetery to tend parents grave.

Well don't know if its Covid related but counted 15 new graves (just gone in last day or two or waiting a resident) and can't recall ever seeing more than 3 or 4 in the past.
Scary when you give it thought as think nowadays I believe most people get cremated.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We have neighbours still flaunting the regulations & having visitors, different every day. Also a couple opposite have been away 3 days, maybe the queue in the supermarket is busy. :twisted: Meanwhile we plod on as we approach our first anniversary of lockdown. 9th March. Still reading stories of how folk are getting more selfish, the countryside is busier than ever. Can’t get my 2 doses of vaccine quick enough but as I’ve not heard anything about the first it looks like I’ll be in for awhile yet.
Winner of the Europa League