Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Barlow Boy »

My cousin and her friend both work in ASDA, apparently some nights they are coming home in tears they are that knackered.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

One Eyed Thompson wrote:OK. Just to try to put things in perspective.

There are a lot of people behaving like idiots,we have all seen that. To counter that there are a lot of people behaving incredibly well. I had to go to our local Tesco Express this morning because I was out of the essentials (bread, milk, cigarettes) and the staff are working like trojans. The girl on the till couldn't have been more than about 21 years old and she is clearly a bit concerned about being in contact with so many people but she is still doing it! Please give the shop staff a kind word if/when you have to go for food. Additionally, wouldn't it be nice if the shop owners and, or, government promised those people who we rely on to keep working during this crisis a bonus/extended holiday as soon as things are better?
My wife works as a checkout operator at Sainsburys. The abuse that she has had to endure over the past few weeks is mind-blowing :evil: When the "ration measures" were introduced and signs put up all over the store, people were still trying to buy 5 or 6 packets of pasta and toilet rolls :wtf: and still they abused the staff when they confiscated the excess. One woman threatened to report my wife to the store manager!! It was so bad at one stage, that my wife became so anxious, she almost considered not going into work saying she was self-isolating :(
Luckily today she has told me that the store is pretty quiet as people are finally adhering to the Govts instructions. The store manager has actually laid on food and drink for the staff to keep them going :thumbup:

With regards to your point above re bonus, Sainsburys have stated that staff will receive a small bonus for their dedication through this unprecedented period :clap: :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sad to read these stories, makes me angry at the same time that we now seem to breed too many selfish numpties.

The vast majority of people are decent, fair and polite but there always seem to be certain family groups that are real ********.

Hats off from me to everyone doing their bit whether that be health workers, those keeping the food chain open, those keeping our gas & electric on, those keeping the streets safe. Thanks to all of you :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

We have just had a note put through our door to say that two lads, aged 13 and 10, who live in our road, will do any shopping that's needed and walk any dog's that need walking. For every bit of bad there is heartwarming good.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:We have just had a note put through our door to say that two lads, aged 13 and 10, who live in our road, will do any shopping that's needed and walk any dog's that need walking. For every bit of bad there is heartwarming good.
There’s a bit of that going in around here.

I was a bit confused when Boris said you can only do one walk as exercise a day, he is more than welcome to come and tell my Labrador that, as he will be demanding his two regular walks.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:We have just had a note put through our door to say that two lads, aged 13 and 10, who live in our road, will do any shopping that's needed and walk any dog's that need walking. For every bit of bad there is heart warming good.
Good that :thumbup: , very much the same here. I said before in our cul-de-sac we have a few elderly and a couple I that will be in the vulnerable group.
Everyone is checking everyone else is ok.

PS: They don't sell London Pride to 13 & 10 year olds ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:We have just had a note put through our door to say that two lads, aged 13 and 10, who live in our road, will do any shopping that's needed and walk any dog's that need walking. For every bit of bad there is heartwarming good.
There’s a bit of that going in around here.

I was a bit confused when Boris said you can only do one walk as exercise a day, he is more than welcome to come and tell my Labrador that, as he will be demanding his two regular walks.
My take on it walking dogs was acceptable as needs must.

The One walk (or Bike or Jog :shock: ) was more to do with people getting exercise.
Mrs SW & myself had our walk this morning around the canal and back through town and it does appear people are taking notice as it was more like a Sunday, really quiet.

Very Few people about and others we met gave us a wide berth and a polite hello.
Didn't see anyone stopping to chat.
Saw too buses with no passengers.
Train at the crossing only had about two people onboard.
Queues outside the Chemists people were standing 2 metres apart, was a 20metre queue for about 8 people.

Downside from across the canal i could see people going into Homebase, why is that open ?
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Found out last night that the wife's brother had tested positive for the virus.

Went into hospital on Saturday but came home yesterday.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Wigan White wrote:Found out last night that the wife's brother had tested positive for the virus.

Hope he soon recovers WW :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Found out last night that the wife's brother had tested positive for the virus.

Hope he soon recovers WW :thumbup:
Yes best wishes Mick.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders