Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

So its not just Boris and his gang -

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/keir ... 77067.html
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Selby White wrote:So its not just Boris and his gang -

No surprise for me they’re all as bad as one another. Boris should have quit after the details of his “ work meetings “ were unearthed. They must think we are simple in that taking bottles of booze to someone’s garden doesn’t constitute a party. At the start of Covid-19 what with Brexit going through I actually felt sorry for him but the moment he was questioned about the alleged “ do’s “ as people were dying from the endemic and others following his strict guidelines to conform how did he answer the allegations why with a smirk.

Boris Out !
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:

No surprise for me they’re all as bad as one another. Boris should have quit after the details of his “ work meetings “ were unearthed. They must think we are simple in that taking bottles of booze to someone’s garden doesn’t constitute a party. At the start of Covid-19 what with Brexit going through I actually felt sorry for him but the moment he was questioned about the alleged “ do’s “ as people were dying from the endemic and others following his strict guidelines to conform how did he answer the allegations why with a smirk.

Boris Out !
No they're not all as bad as each other, if they were then there's no hope for society.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:

Boris Out !
No they're not all as bad as each other, if they were then there's no hope for society.
Semantics. The truth is, one lot is slightly worse than the other lot. Take your pick. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

johnh wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:

Boris Out !
Semantics. The truth is, one lot is slightly worse than the other lot. Take your pick. :shock:
No it's not 'semantics' John, sorry. Won't argue about it though, not going down that rabbit hole again :D
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

After testing positive on Sunday, I tested negative this morning. Heres the weird thing though, My wife who is unvaccinated and takes vitamin c powder in drinks along with zinc and vitamin D supplements, tested positive on Monday. She only tested because I was positive. She has had no symptoms at all and has felt great. I had 2 days of really achy joints and feeling very lethargic. Feeling better now, just like getting over a bad cold. My 10 year old tested positive yesterday, quite feverish but otherwise ok. I wont be getting anymore jabs as I don't feel the need to, I didn't get the booster as loads of people who I know have caught it after 3 jabs. My wife swears by the vitamin route and it seems to me, to be the way to go.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

cheffy007 wrote:After testing positive on Sunday, I tested negative this morning. Heres the weird thing though, My wife who is unvaccinated and takes vitamin c powder in drinks along with zinc and vitamin D supplements, tested positive on Monday. She only tested because I was positive. She has had no symptoms at all and has felt great. I had 2 days of really achy joints and feeling very lethargic. Feeling better now, just like getting over a bad cold. My 10 year old tested positive yesterday, quite feverish but otherwise ok. I wont be getting anymore jabs as I don't feel the need to, I didn't get the booster as loads of people who I know have caught it after 3 jabs. My wife swears by the vitamin route and it seems to me, to be the way to go.
Would you be of the same mind though mate if you or your family had been very ill with it, needing hospitalisation? And what if, somehow, you have passed it on to someone else who does become seriously ill? The fewer unjabbed people there are, the better for society, is how I see it, plus the fewer people Covid-hospitalised means our hospitals and staff can focus on helping more non-Covid cases.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Whatever way we look at it, here's hoping that it may be on it's way out and soon we won't be discussing it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Just got back from Tesco.

First time I've gone out my front door in over a week. Another Positive test on Saturday but Negative yesterday and today. PCR tomorrow as prep for a minor hospital procedure on Friday.

Hopefully that's my brush with Covid done with for a while.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Sniffer wrote:Just got back from Tesco.

First time I've gone out my front door in over a week. Another Positive test on Saturday but Negative yesterday and today. PCR tomorrow as prep for a minor hospital procedure on Friday.

Hopefully that's my brush with Covid done with for a while.
:thumbup: Good luck, Sniffer.