Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Coronavirus

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Thinking of you fellers, pray for better news soon.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Cheffy & BB thoughts definately with you guys, tough read this thread but nothing compares to what you are going through. Stay strong.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Just heard a former workmate and his wife both have covid following return from holiday.
He is at home not too bad but she is in hospital with what is described as covid pneumonia and on a ventilator.
Both were double jabbed I believe, scary times.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Had notification this morning that we will get a booster jab sometime early November.
Winner of the Europa League
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

The mother in law had a booster on Monday, the wife is booked in next Thursday.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Mrs WW works for the NHS.

She's booked in for her 3rd jab (booster) next Thursday.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Straightforward question, folks, no edge to it - are you and people you're with wearing masks at ER?

The vast majority I've seen - in the pub or the East Stand 'indoors' or in seats - aren't bothering to. The matchday stewards did for the first time but they seemed less bothered last week. I've been wearing mine most of the time there but it's now a feeling of being a real minority.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Straightforward question, folks, no edge to it - are you and people you're with wearing masks at ER?

The vast majority I've seen - in the pub or the East Stand 'indoors' or in seats - aren't bothering to. The matchday stewards did for the first time but they seemed less bothered last week. I've been wearing mine most of the time there but it's now a feeling of being a real minority.
Our lot don’t wear masks in the pub pre-match. and/or in the ground any longer. I can’t say I’ve seen one person, other than stewards, wearing them now.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Straightforward question, folks, no edge to it - are you and people you're with wearing masks at ER?

To show my support for ANS I will wear my mask when watching the highlights on TV. :lol: (If I was at ER watching the game, I would definitely have my mask on)
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:

To show my support for ANS I will wear my mask when watching the highlights on TV. :lol: (If I was at ER watching the game, I would definitely have my mask on)
It’s bizarre Sir John, I’ve been in shops today and put my mask on every time, but it just doesn’t even cross my mind at the football.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.