Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Saxon »

Here in the USA, the states which allowed relaxing of lockdown restrictions are experiencing massive spikes in new cases.Florida, Texas,California seem to be the worst.Here in the northeast our spikes have flattened out and we are seeing big drop in new cases due to strict restrictions. The state of Rhode Island banned all cars with out of state plates from entering, checkpoints on all the roads entering.
I was classified as an 'essential worker', and have worked everyday.The company I work for builds machines for the plastics industry and are ideally suited for moulding facemasks and face shields. Our business has taken off with orders from moulding companies upping their production of protective equipment. These companies are also benefiting from government stimulus money helping them buy these machines. Recently the President was on the national news visiting a company making protective gear, he was taking questions, standing in front of one of our machines. We also collaborated with a plastics company who donated rolls of plastic sheet and we rigged up one of our machines in development to produce face shields.
Not being made in a 'clean room' environment, they were produced in our assembly shop, they didn't meet medical specifications, but we produced thousands and gave them to all the local town Police forces, fire departments, anybody who needed them. My wife took a case to our local supermarket for all the workers.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Bournemouth beach yesterday if people are doing this then furlough should end as they clearly think they are safe :twisted:

Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

That's disgusting, amazes me how many numptys we have in this country.
Daft part if/when the 2nd wave of covid strikes its idiots like these that will be blaming someone else.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:That's disgusting, amazes me how many numptys we have in this country.
Daft part if/when the 2nd wave of covid strikes its idiots like these that will be blaming someone else.
Makes me wonder why we’ve been in lockdown for nearly 3 months :twisted:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't blame the people.
I mean, I do - they're morons - but the example they've been set by our "leaders" (and I don't just mean politicians, but plenty of other public figures misbehaving throughout the first two months of lockdown) hasn't exactly been one of moderation, has it ?

There was always going to be a core of idiots who didn't follow the rules, but since they first announced the relaxation regarding non-essential shops - ie, they opened the door a crack - I've seen a lot more people out and about every single day, ignoring the advice of the government and their advisors.

Give a chancer an inch and they'll take the whole beach ..
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

To quote my lovely wife they’re ‘ dumb heads’
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Bournemouth now classed as a national emergency extra police been called on. Over 100 tonnes of rubbish cleared away this morning. People camping all night on the beach & using sand dunes as toilets. Sporadic fighting as well. This really needs sorting out.
#dumbheads
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Bournemouth now classed as a national emergency extra police been called on. Over 100 tonnes of rubbish cleared away this morning. People camping all night on the beach & using sand dunes as toilets. Sporadic fighting as well. This really needs sorting out.
#dumbheads
Makes me so angry
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Bournemouth now classed as a national emergency extra police been called on. Over 100 tonnes of rubbish cleared away this morning. People camping all night on the beach & using sand dunes as toilets. Sporadic fighting as well. This really needs sorting out.
#dumbheads
Makes me so angry

You & me too. Same all over Southend another.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sad to see Liverpool fans celebration not only break lockdown restrictions but also turn violent.

In my eyes puts them in the same book as those that protest on the streets, pack the beaches, attend illegal music festivals, etc.
There is a time for everything but in the middle of the worst world pandemic since 1918 now isn't it.

Complete morons the lot of them.

Wouldn't normally wish ill health on anyone but some of these idiots actually deserve for this thing to bite them, just hope the rest of us stay safe.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.