Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just announced that face masks are mandatory when shopping. How’s the government going to police this ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just announced that face masks are mandatory when shopping. How’s the government going to police this ?
Watching TV about this same question and its up to the shops initially and the Police will respond if there are issues, same as dealing with shoplifters I suppose.
Its clear we can't have Police in every shop.

Been doing it in Scotland with very little trouble lets hope its the same here.
To be fair when I've been to the shops more and more people have been doing it anyway but i'm sure there will be a few idiots.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just done my online shopping felt a bit daft wearing a mask but hey ho at least I compiled to the governments request :roll:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't understand why it's such a problem for people to put a mask on to visit a shop.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

rigger wrote:I don't understand why it's such a problem for people to put a mask on to visit a shop.
Simply it shouldn’t be a problem at all. There will be some that think it is though, sadly.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I popped into a Spar this morning that I use occasionally. There's a lovely woman in there who's been working there for as long as I can remember. She's deaf, which is why I noticed her in the first place. We always say hello even though I probably only pop in once every couple of months.
Anyway, I went this morning and she was behind the counter. As it's the first day of the mask thing, there were signs up and though everyone in there - half a dozen people - was complying, you could see it wasn't something most of them wanted to do. One old dear was ripping hers off her face as soon as she'd paid and was walking to the exit. The next woman was also older than me and asked for some lottery tickets when she put her basket down. She was greeted with a blank look by the deaf lady who patiently pointed to a laminated A4 sign in front of the till saying "Please remove your mask as I lip-read". The customer duly did so but after asking again for whatever she wanted, she turned to me rolling her eyes as if to say "Blimey ! First it's on, then it's off .. what a palaver !"
I then made a point of pulling my mask down and barking "Good morning !" to the assistant as I walked up with my basket.
I didn't take long.
When I got outside, the rolleyes woman was putting her bags in her car and she looked at me with a disdainful expression on her face that just said "Bloody do-gooder !"

I smiled politely at her - or rather my eyes did, as I was still wearing the mask - and went on my way ...

Like I said : what's the problem ? Just think about other people before you start moaning .. or rolling your eyes at me.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I very rarely go in shops, we do all our shopping online, on the odd occasion I do (around once every couple of weeks maximum), I’ll wear my mask.

On another note, my gym is reopening tomorrow, I’ve booked my first session online for next Wednesday, which is limited to an hour, I used to go for 2 hours a time. They are having a bit of an open day today, where you can go have a look at all the new set up and entry system. Apparently, I don’t have to wear a mask in there, which is a relief.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote: On another note, my gym is reopening tomorrow, I’ve booked my first session online for next Wednesday, which is limited to an hour, I used to go for 2 hours a time. They are having a bit of an open day today, where you can go have a look at all the new set up and entry system. Apparently, I don’t have to wear a mask in there, which is a relief.
Cathy is deciding whether to go swimming there next week.
We are going to Pontefract next Tuesday to a table tennis club which is starting again.
Apparently both players use their own ball and you use the servers ball. If it goes on floor at your end you kick it back rather than pick it up.

On another note BB that may interest you the Capri is doing the government (up to £10) scheme Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They do a 3 course meal for £20 which you pay £10 and Boris treats you. :D or anything off the Al a carte half price.
Thinking of giving it a go at some stage.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just bought my face mask

Imageupload a photo
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

A lot of the squad including Ben White are in Ibiza so it looks like a 2 week quarantine when they get back.