Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW had a few cold like symptoms (headache, shivering and aching muscles) after having the jab yesterday, had to have paracetamol in the night but a lot better now.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Have my second jab tomorrow. A couple of colleagues who had theirs yesterday felt a bit rough last night.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Had my first one 4 hours ago, feel OK at the moment.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just had second jab, also her indoors. Latest bulletin: didn't cry.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Just had second jab, also her indoors. Latest bulletin: didn't cry.
My dad has his second jab tomorrow :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
That's great. The only problem with our jab arrangements (at the Town Hall, centre of Maidenhead) is the parking. There is a special area for people having jabs but it was blocked solid today. I would guess most of them were not having a jab. The 'pay & display' car park is next door and was half empty. Just people grabbing the opportunity of free parking. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
That's great. The only problem with our jab arrangements (at the Town Hall, centre of Maidenhead) is the parking. There is a special area for people having jabs but it was blocked solid today. I would guess most of them were not having a jab. The 'pay & display' car park is next door and was half empty. Just people grabbing the opportunity of free parking. :shock:
I had mine at a large vaccination centre next to a gym (ironically it’s the gym I attend 3 days a week in normal times). The vaccination centre have taken over the whole car park, but I’m not sure what will happen there when the gym reopens on the 12th April.

As for folk taking over parking spaces, which are supposed to be used by those receiving the jab, it beggars belief.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Mrs WW had her 2nd jab today.

She said that she felt a bit funny about an hour later but ok now apart from the sore arm.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote: I had mine at a large vaccination centre next to a gym (ironically it’s the gym I attend 3 days a week in normal times). The vaccination centre have taken over the whole car park, but I’m not sure what will happen there when the gym reopens on the 12th April.

As for folk taking over parking spaces, which are supposed to be used by those receiving the jab, it beggars belief.
Walked past this morning and only 3 or 4 cars in the car park, we were surprised to see it empty, was just before 10am.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: I had mine at a large vaccination centre next to a gym (ironically it’s the gym I attend 3 days a week in normal times). The vaccination centre have taken over the whole car park, but I’m not sure what will happen there when the gym reopens on the 12th April.

Walked past this morning and only 3 or 4 cars in the car park, we were surprised to see it empty, was just before 10am.
Really, what’s that all about then, they must have suspended the jabs or something :shock: