Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Straightforward question, folks, no edge to it - are you and people you're with wearing masks at ER?

The vast majority I've seen - in the pub or the East Stand 'indoors' or in seats - aren't bothering to. The matchday stewards did for the first time but they seemed less bothered last week. I've been wearing mine most of the time there but it's now a feeling of being a real minority.
Been to two home games Crewe was in the West Stand and very few had masks on.
West Ham was in the East Stand and only saw 3 or 4 people in a mask.
Guilty as I went with the intention of wearing mine in the bar under the stand but taking off in my seat. But in reality didn't do it.

Like BB wear mine in many other places.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Straightforward question, folks, no edge to it - are you and people you're with wearing masks at ER?

The vast majority I've seen - in the pub or the East Stand 'indoors' or in seats - aren't bothering to. The matchday stewards did for the first time but they seemed less bothered last week. I've been wearing mine most of the time there but it's now a feeling of being a real minority.
First time to ER tomo (this season), ANS and tbh I've been very complacent with it all recently. Only time I've been wearing a mask is when I've been asked to. A good reminder though so I shall be wearing it tomo
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Took her indoors down to the local Pharmacy and we both had our 'booster' jab. Got my flu jab last week. Hopefully, get through the winter OK.
I once played against Don Revie.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Got my flu jab booked in at the surgery on Saturday morning. :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Got my flu jab booked in at the surgery on Saturday morning. :thumbup:
See you there I’m having it as well on Saturday ;)
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Got my flu jab booked in at the surgery on Saturday morning. :thumbup:
See you there I’m having it as well on Saturday ;)
Fancy a beer after. :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A Facebook post from an old pal of mine.
Just a comment from someone with no vested interests (except a personal wanderlust) now that travel is starting to open up again.
As many of you will know I worked as a pharmacist for 40-odd years, and for the last 5 I used to give flu jabs. As such I got to know a bit about virology, and a lot of what is reported in the media is exaggerated or total rubbish.
So, don't be afraid of the Covid jab (unless you have valid reasons), all the conspiracy theories are nonsense. You don't have to trust me, but a lot of people did over forty years and were happy doing so.
My wife and I are eagerly awaiting our booster jabs before we start travelling again next year, the important thing is you might still get Covid but you almost certainly won't die.
What is not mentioned in the media much is that vaccination is the way out of these problems because it helps to curb the spread.
Anyone not being jabbed (without good reason) is actually being selfish.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

One of our pilots was back home for the weekend and went into London on Saturday night. He was there as well in July and couldn't believe the difference now. Tubes were crammed, bars packed and hardly a sign of masks or sanitiser being used.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

I think that is the general trend, in Southampton on Saturday it was very much the same.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:I think that is the general trend, in Southampton on Saturday it was very much the same.
Yep very much what I'm now seeing, went to the Designer Outlet shopping centre which is indoors and hardly anyone in masks (10% at most).
Fortunately we went early while it wasn't too busy but wasn't the case when we left.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.