The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Most people around here are good but always one but the classic is that his next door that also backs on to me is a policeman.
Now that really gets me angry. When you take on that role you have to be prepared to set examples if it means missing out on things or doing things you don't want to do.
The policeman lives next door to the bloke with all the visitors and I'm surprised he's not said something.
Sorry picked that up as he was a policeman.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Most people around here are good but always one but the classic is that his next door that also backs on to me is a policeman.
Now that really gets me angry. When you take on that role you have to be prepared to set examples if it means missing out on things or doing things you don't want to do.
The policeman lives next door to the bloke with all the visitors and I'm surprised he's not said something.
Sorry picked that up as he was a policeman.

It's confusing as I have 5 next door neighbours, 2 in our scul-de-sac and 3 from the next street that these two belong.
That's not counting the football club over my back fence.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

People travelling to England from abroad will have to show they have tested negative for COVID-19 before being allowed to enter the country from Friday. Why Friday & not straight away ?
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

What £30 worth of groceries look like.

The government’s take on £30 :twisted:

They really do think we’re fools, really angers me.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:What £30 worth of groceries look like.

The government’s take on £30 :twisted:

They really do think we’re fools, really angers me.
Was talking about this on the radio and it sounds like the company who had the contract to supply are been investigated for getting the £30s and profiteering.

Not sure if it's really the government's fault if they are providing the money and the company aren't providing what they are supposed to.
If it proves the case (some callers on the radio we're claiming fake pic) they should lose the contract and never get another.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

They’re supplied by Chartwell a subsidiary of Compass. Boss Paul Walsh is a known Conservative donor. Smacks of old boys networking. Surely local small businesses would be a better option to use than some multinational company.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

It surely cannot have escaped everyone's attention that we have an extraordinary and very, very serious pandemic occurring. Each day people are dying and each day there is alarming news of the spread of the disease.

So, I really can't believe that Glasgow Celtic management thought it was a perfectly sound idea to swan off to Dubai on a training camp and then find that 10 or more of their players have to self isolate. I wonder how long the trail of infections they have left behind is...... :wtf: :wtf:

I also cannot believe the scenes of footballers all over the place hugging and kissing and generally being all over each other like a rash. :wtf: :wtf: Football is a law unto itself and those responsible for its administration and management are as blind as bats or simply choose to be oblivious :crazy:

Is it only me that thinks these people simply don't give a damn? :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PhoenixUnited wrote:It surely cannot have escaped everyone's attention that we have an extraordinary and very, very serious pandemic occurring. Each day people are dying and each day there is alarming news of the spread of the disease.

So, I really can't believe that Glasgow Celtic management thought it was a perfectly sound idea to swan off to Dubai on a training camp and then find that 10 or more of their players have to self isolate. I wonder how long the trail of infections they have left behind is...... :wtf: :wtf:

I also cannot believe the scenes of footballers all over the place hugging and kissing and generally being all over each other like a rash. :wtf: :wtf: Football is a law unto itself and those responsible for its administration and management are as blind as bats or simply choose to be oblivious :crazy:

Is it only me that thinks these people simply don't give a damn? :roll:
That sort of behaviour is truly shocking. :crazy:

Reading these pages i think you'll find you are not alone. :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Scenes at Crawley & Rochdale at the weekend could see football getting cancelled. To use my wife’s terminology they’re “ dumb heads “
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:They’re supplied by Chartwell a subsidiary of Compass. Boss Paul Walsh is a known Conservative donor. Smacks of old boys networking. Surely local small businesses would be a better option to use than some multinational company.
Yes the admin could have been handled by local government then used to help local suppliers. I'm sure some cafes and restaurants that are closed would be more than pleased to step in to keep the accounts ticking over.