Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Davycc »

At the beginning of all this we put COVID measures in place, separating departments i.e. maintenance from flight crew, operations and admin and so on. We would usually mix quite freely. We also did the usual signage and dispensers and teamed up the flight crew in pairs so they were not mixing. We have had 2 instances of staff having COVID and being in work but the measures worked and it wasn't spread. I guess what I'm saying is if people are sensible, follow guidlines and actually think then this thing will be beaten a lot sooner.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Around 2.4M initial vaccinations done already, decent start that.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Mrs WW works for the NHS and has her vaccination booked in for Friday.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:People travelling to England from abroad will have to show they have tested negative for COVID-19 before being allowed to enter the country from Friday. Why Friday & not straight away ?
Now delayed until Monday, and only announced by Grant Shapps late last night on Twitter :roll:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Can't understand these people who won't have the Covid jab saying 'they don't know what's in it'. I bet a lot of them eat burgers and chicken nuggets.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Can't understand these people who won't have the Covid jab saying 'they don't know what's in it'. I bet a lot of them eat burgers and chicken nuggets.
Until the realise the rest of us that have had it and are immune can still carry it and they are the vulnerable ones.

Its their choice I suppose its not been forced on anyone but it gets my back up when they try tell the rest of us not to have it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Can't understand these people who won't have the Covid jab saying 'they don't know what's in it'. I bet a lot of them eat burgers and chicken nuggets.
Sir John, this is a genuine conversation I had with my neighbour (please bear in mind we were both at the funeral of another neighbour who had died from Covid)......

Him - Are you going to have the vaccine ?
Me - Of course I am, aren’t you ?
Him - No chance.
Me - Why not ?
Him - I don’t know what’s in it.
Me - Don’t you have the normal flu jab though ?
Him - Yes.
Me - Well, what’s in that.
Him - I’ve no idea.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Sir John, this is a genuine conversation I had with my neighbour (please bear in mind we were both at the funeral of another neighbour who had died from Covid)......

Him - Are you going to have the vaccine ?
Me - Of course I am, aren’t you ?
Him - No chance.
Me - Why not ?
Him - I don’t know what’s in it.
Me - Don’t you have the normal flu jab though ?
Him - Yes.
Me - Well, what’s in that.
Him - I’ve no idea.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Priceless :lol:
But I am starting to worry about the education system in this country.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Me and her indoors had the Covid jab today. Organisation at the Town Hall was brilliant.
I was a bit miffed that I didn't get a lolly for not crying. Even though I was able to show them my dry eyes, they said that rolling about like a Premiership footballer and the wailing and grinding of teeth, ruled me out.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Me and her indoors had the Covid jab today. Organisation at the Town Hall was brilliant.
I was a bit miffed that I didn't get a lolly for not crying. Even though I was able to show them my dry eyes, they said that rolling about like a Premiership footballer and the wailing and grinding of teeth, ruled me out.
Glad to hear you had the vaccine, John 8-)