Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

Good to post that Rigger, really does bring it home what some people are going through.

Interesting the mention of the number of countries going through it.
Something I argued with a denier a few months back who was screaming is a government plan.
Just asked if he knew it was not just our country or if he really believed the Americans would work with the Iranians, the Israelis with the Arabs, the North Koreans with the South Koreans, etc.
He didn't answer.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Rigger, please tell your mate that everyone on here (and I'm confident I speak for everyone) is rooting for him and hope that he recovers very soon. :thumbup:
This :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Rigger, please tell your mate that everyone on here (and I'm confident I speak for everyone) is rooting for him and hope that he recovers very soon. :thumbup:

I will do, John. Thank you very much.
He's a very popular guy and has been indundated with offers - and actual - support since posting his original "it's got me, any food parcels would be gratefully received" message.
I'm sure he'll be fine as he's already come on leaps and bounds in the last week :)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just phoned a mate I used to work with when I worked in London. Known him for nearly 40 years. He told me that he and his wife have had Covid19. They caught it from his mother who they spent a couple of hours with on Christmas Day. She caught it from one of her carer's. He said they were all poorly for about 10 days but came through relatively OK. His mother will be 100 next month!!! Must be the oldest recorded survivor?
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Just phoned a mate I used to work with when I worked in London. Known him for nearly 40 years. He told me that he and his wife have had Covid19. They caught it from his mother who they spent a couple of hours with on Christmas Day. She caught it from one of her carer's. He said they were all poorly for about 10 days but came through relatively OK. His mother will be 100 next month!!! Must be the oldest recorded survivor?
John, I've often why you don't have a batphone straight to the BBC or Reuters :think:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Just phoned a mate I used to work with when I worked in London. Known him for nearly 40 years. He told me that he and his wife have had Covid19. They caught it from his mother who they spent a couple of hours with on Christmas Day. She caught it from one of her carer's. He said they were all poorly for about 10 days but came through relatively OK. His mother will be 100 next month!!! Must be the oldest recorded survivor?
Not quite Sir John :D.......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... of-society
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Not quite Sir John :D.......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... of-society
Incredible that. Will pass it on to my mate. Thanks for posting BB.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sue’s had her vaccine date through
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sue’s had her vaccine date through
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sue’s had her vaccine date through
That's great news, hopefully everyone has theirs soon.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders