Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: My wife and I are, literally, following the rules to the letter, my car has not moved off the drive since the lockdown, we are taking our one exercise a day by taking the dog for a walk together.
Very much same with us except one of us goes to the supermarket about every 9 or 10 days and give the car a blast up the bypass at the same time to turn the engine over.
Sad part is have you seen price of petrol/diesil, lowest for ages when don't need any :roll: .
I didn’t know that about the fuel prices, no doubt they’ll jump up again the day we are ‘released’.

I have to go out next week to take some supplies to my Mother In Law and my own Dad, I’m already feeling guilty even though I’m allowed to do that within the current rules.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Boris Johnson taken to hospital for tests, Downing Street saying as a precaution, have to say he didn’t look well the other day.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: My wife and I are, literally, following the rules to the letter, my car has not moved off the drive since the lockdown, we are taking our one exercise a day by taking the dog for a walk together.
Very much same with us except one of us goes to the supermarket about every 9 or 10 days and give the car a blast up the bypass at the same time to turn the engine over.
Sad part is have you seen price of petrol/diesil, lowest for ages when don't need any :roll: .
I didn’t know that about the fuel prices, no doubt they’ll jump up again the day we are ‘released’.

I have to go out next week to take some supplies to my Mother In Law and my own Dad, I’m already feeling guilty even though I’m allowed to do that within the current rules.
I have to go for my warfarin test next week. The petrol station is quite close to the GP surgery. Might call at the butchers on the way back.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:

We walked past the tesco garage at Brayton yesterday on our daily exercise walk £1.10 for diesil, £1.06 petrol.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Boris Johnson taken to hospital for tests, Downing Street saying as a precaution, have to say he didn’t look well the other day.
Yes he looked a bit rough to me.
Scary times for everyone.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Boris Johnson taken to hospital for tests, Downing Street saying as a precaution, have to say he didn’t look well the other day.
Yes he looked a bit rough to me.
Scary times for everyone.
Now in intensive care :thumbdown:
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out already - apologies if they have.

In normal times I always think it's a bit pointless having a reporter stood outside a place, say like Buckingham Palace, and sending out a "live" broadcast" giving out a summary of some event that might have taken place hours earlier when clearly all they are there for is to use the location as a visual backdrop. In the present circumstances, where we are all being urged to not to go out and only to undertake essential journeys, what the heck is the point is having people like Kay Burley et al standing outside 10 Downing Street reporting on the health of Boris Johnson? :o :shock: :?

At first I thought it was some very clever camera work that was in play but now I don't think so. There are actually journalists in the Street sending live updates whereas there is no need for them to be outside their television studios at all :roll: There is not even the cat to be seen outside!

Perhaps they are door stepping in case some politician or other happens to be going in / out the door? Its stupid and pointless IMHO especially considering that one of the key things to report on is the Prime Minister's health and they are not helping the general situation by being out and about. The irony seems to be lost on them! :wtf:

I wonder if journalists are particularly special and immune? Some people have no choice at all in having to deal with the virus at the very sharp end and take the risks but others should really take a good look at themselves me thinks
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PhoenixUnited wrote:I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out already - apologies if they have.

In normal times I always think it's a bit pointless having a reporter stood outside a place, say like Buckingham Palace, and sending out a "live" broadcast" giving out a summary of some event that might have taken place hours earlier when clearly all they are there for is to use the location as a visual backdrop. In the present circumstances, where we are all being urged to not to go out and only to undertake essential journeys, what the heck is the point is having people like Kay Burley et al standing outside 10 Downing Street reporting on the health of Boris Johnson? :o :shock: :?

At first I thought it was some very clever camera work that was in play but now I don't think so. There are actually journalists in the Street sending live updates whereas there is no need for them to be outside their television studios at all :roll: There is not even the cat to be seen outside!

Perhaps they are door stepping in case some politician or other happens to be going in / out the door? Its stupid and pointless IMHO especially considering that one of the key things to report on is the Prime Minister's health and they are not helping the general situation by being out and about. The irony seems to be lost on them! :wtf:

I wonder if journalists are particularly special and immune? Some people have no choice at all in having to deal with the virus at the very sharp end and take the risks but others should really take a good look at themselves me thinks
That's a very good point Phoenix, totally agree its stupid. :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Been for our daily walk this morning and headed out along a country lane near us. Some **** has been fly tipping, a pile of garden and household rubbish at side of the road. Disgusting some individuals.

I suppose its inevitable with the council skips closed but do like the rest of us and wait until bin day.
Had lots of surplus garden waste myself, its in bags in the garage awaiting the bins been emptied, no big deal.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Been for my warfarin test this morning. Couldn't believe how many cars were out on the road and how many people were out and about. Didn't go to the butchers as there was a queue.
I once played against Don Revie.