The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:
Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Just booked our jabs on a NHS link for next Thursday and the 2nd one in May, i`m 63 and my wife 62, it seems a lot of people are doing it so give it a try,
go on NHS website, book a coronavirus vaccination(COVwww.nhs.uk) good luck.
Am I reading it right LA you booked before getting an invite ?

Interested as I'm around same age so may just try it.

Have had a look on the website and it clearly states "Do not apply unless you are 64 or over or a key worker, carer, etc".
Don`t worry about that SW, just fill in all the details and keep pressing continue, you will need your NHS number and mobile number, it`s really simple, a friend put me on to it, good luck :thumbup:
Sorry SW i forgot to say, no i haven`t had an invite, i did it off my own back.
Actually ended up getting my invite so booked in for next Sunday :thumbup:
29th May for 2nd dose.

For some reason it wouldn't give me the option of the Selby Vaccination Centre so having a ride out to York :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

They’re opening a vaccination centre at a local hotel which is 10-15 minutes walk away & now everyone is trying to get the next dose there as I had mine done at QMC approximately 3 miles away & Sue had hers at a makeshift centre in a rough area of the city, & we’re talking rough around 9 miles away. Anyway well done SW hope all goes well can’t see any reason why it shouldn’t ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:
Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Just booked our jabs on a NHS link for next Thursday and the 2nd one in May, i`m 63 and my wife 62, it seems a lot of people are doing it so give it a try,

Have had a look on the website and it clearly states "Do not apply unless you are 64 or over or a key worker, carer, etc".
Don`t worry about that SW, just fill in all the details and keep pressing continue, you will need your NHS number and mobile number, it`s really simple, a friend put me on to it, good luck :thumbup:
29th May for 2nd dose.

For some reason it wouldn't give me the option of the Selby Vaccination Centre so having a ride out to York :crazy:
How odd you can’t go to the vaccination centre, literally everyone I know has gone there (other than the initial older ones who went to their GP surgeries).

You’re getting it, that’s the main thing and there’s worse places to visit than York :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:
Selby White wrote:

29th May for 2nd dose.

How odd you can’t go to the vaccination centre, literally everyone I know has gone there (other than the initial older ones who went to their GP surgeries).

You’re getting it, that’s the main thing and there’s worse places to visit than York :D
As restaurants are open by my 2nd dose Mrs SW has already pointed out we can call at the Thai place in Escrick on the way home. :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We’re still having people park opposite us & visiting friends down the road, the friends in question are teachers. Yes the same people who don’t want to go back to work due to COVID, makes you wonder don’t it :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Glad your down for it to be done SW. :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Glad your down for it to be done SW. :thumbup:
Thanks LA, downside can't persuade Mrs SW to try apply early she is 58 so in the next group, shouldn't be long though.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’m going to my second Covid related death funeral today, these vaccines can’t come soon enough.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We’re still having people park opposite us & visiting friends down the road, the friends in question are teachers. Yes the same people who don’t want to go back to work due to COVID, makes you wonder don’t it :roll:
OK, I'll bite. I'm a teacher and, like every other teacher I know, I can't wait to get back to work properly. I might also mention that we have never actually stopped working, doing a mixture of teaching in school with the children of key workers (groups of around 20 children most days) and working from home providing electronic learning, often still working at 9pm (having worked all day) giving feedback and answering questions that parents might have. My working life got considerably harder, not easier, when this pandemic came along. I might also mention that my wife is a nurse on a day case ward but has been drafted at least a dozen times to do shifts on ICU, which she hated because it's not what she trained for and it's uncomfortable for her, but she got on with it. Several other nurses that she knows personally, however, either refused when asked, called in sick on the days they were meant to do an ICU shift or went off with stress. So much for all these NHS heroes. There's good and bad eggs in every profession, so casually tarring everyone with the same brush is a bit daft if you ask me.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm with Costy on this.
Fact is, the schools are still open and always have been, to take in keyworkers kids primarily, but also to teach classes from the classroom online. All the teachers I know are stretched and stressed to the max and angry that their profession is being used politically.

I think you just have to look out the window or while you're driving anywhere at the moment to see all kinds of people potentially breaking the rules. You can't always say for definite as you don't always know the make-up of their bubbles or family/households, but I take the point NW made about his neighbours. Some people in my block are respectful and allow you to come up the stairs if they're not yet on them themselves - same as I do - while others just charge down anyway, not wearing masks, chatting away to each other. I stop (with my mask on) and face away to make the point. I honestly don't know if there's any point in having a stand-up row about it : some people are just chuffing ignorant, end of.

I would try not to worry about what anyone else is doing though, NW. It'll only stress you out and nobody needs that at the moment.
Just keep on trucking and we'll all get out of this eventually .. though it will change the world forever and certainly has changed society already, both on a global level and an individual one because there'll be repercussions everywhere.