The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

zigzag wrote:
Selby White wrote:[quote="
zigzag wrote:

2) when the trial period will be over, because we are still in the trail period - the vaccines have been authorised for emergency use they havent been given the all clear, and Macron has said that the UK has rushed into its vaccine roll out, Switzerland has said it wil not put its population through a medical experiment as some examples of urging caution - Switzerland does not have the density of population we have, higher density = higher chance of spread. I'm sure many countries will do things different that is their option, time will tell of course.
Just to clarify.
Switzerland have got a vaccination programme, done over half a million which given a low population is a higher percentage than many other European countries.

https://www.thelocal.ch/20210211/more-t ... itzerland/
Yes it does but they are not using all the vaccines as they want more data on some of them
Unlike the rest of Europe they have not yet approved they Astra Zeneca one, have asked for more data.
They are using the Pfizer and the Moderna ones currently.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

The wife and I had our jabs this afternoon, travelled to Chichester for them which is about 20 mins in the car, all very well organised.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Pleased to read so many members have had their first jab, let’s hope this is a move to some normality after what her majesty would have called our Annus Horribilis. Stay safe everyone and hopefully the end is near although I fear we’ll never really see normal again.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Pleased to read so many members have had their first jab, let’s hope this is a move to some normality after what her majesty would have called our Annus Horribilis. Stay safe everyone and hopefully the end is near although I fear we’ll never really see normal again.
It’ll be the ‘new normal’ CW, whatever that will end up as is anyone’s guess, but I do think football and other sporting events will have proper crowds back next season (unless there is yet another wave).

Having lost two people to the virus, one a good friend of ours, certainly life in our village will never be the same again.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Pleased to read so many members have had their first jab,
You can add one more later today as having mine this evening :thumbup:

Mrs SW as also now booked hers as got the invitation yesterday as they've dropped to the next age group :thumbup: .
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Just a little word of caution, my wife had a reaction to the jab about 7-8 hours after, she was cold and shivering but felt hot, for the next 24 hours she said she felt like she had a hangover, a couple of friends also have bean similar, i have been fine.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Which vax did she have, LA ?
I had the Pfizer and the only reaction I had was a tender area around the injection spot, and that was only for about 24 hours ...
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:Which vax did she have, LA ?
I had the Pfizer and the only reaction I had was a tender area around the injection spot, and that was only for about 24 hours ...
I had the Pfizer, and my arm was sore for a couple of days and I had a bit of a sniffle but nothing major at all.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

rigger wrote:Which vax did she have, LA ?
We both had the Astra Zeneca and as i say we know of 2 close friends who have had a reaction, the funny thing is that they were both women, i dont know if that is just coincidental.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Just booked my first one for a couple of weeks time.