Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 5081

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

This one has me worried because my son has TB. Not long ago i posted about him being unwell and he had to get an operation because his lung collapsed. We found out its bevause of TB3 a milder form of TB hes 18 and young but with how this coronavirus affects peoples breathing hecould well be in a very delicate situation more so becausethe Philippine health system is and im saying this in the nicest possible way.... Backwards.

They would have left him die only for i was with him when his lung collapsed and as a foreigner i would have killed soneone if they didnt do something at the time.

The percentage list is good but im guessing that it doesnt cover the pre-condition deaths in the people who died younger than 50 for instance.

Stats are a good source of knowledge but its the pattern im watching. Now that many of the new covid19 victims are people who were nowhere near China and there was no connection at all to any of the Chinese victims or carriers of the virus. This begs the questions is it more airbourne than people realise? Or has some psychotic lunatic doctor got a vial of the stuff and is spreading it?

This will turn into a pandemic sooner rather than later as its already spread far beyond what t should have.

Today alone 6 more countries in the middle east confirmed thier first cases which originated from the Iran outbreak.

Here's a stat for you. If the world has 7.2 billion people then 144 million could potentially die from this based on the maximum of 2% of every 100 who catch it. Thats scary stuff to say the least.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CW, hope your lad keeps well. I'm in the wrong end of the stats. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

CorkWhite wrote:This one has me worried because my son has TB. Not long ago i posted about him being unwell and he had to get an operation because his lung collapsed. We found out its bevause of TB3 a milder form of TB hes 18 and young but with how this coronavirus affects peoples breathing hecould well be in a very delicate situation more so becausethe Philippine health system is and im saying this in the nicest possible way.... Backwards.

They would have left him die only for i was with him when his lung collapsed and as a foreigner i would have killed soneone if they didnt do something at the time.

The percentage list is good but im guessing that it doesnt cover the pre-condition deaths in the people who died younger than 50 for instance.

Stats are a good source of knowledge but its the pattern im watching. Now that many of the new covid19 victims are people who were nowhere near China and there was no connection at all to any of the Chinese victims or carriers of the virus. This begs the questions is it more airbourne than people realise? Or has some psychotic lunatic doctor got a vial of the stuff and is spreading it?

This will turn into a pandemic sooner rather than later as its already spread far beyond what t should have.

Today alone 6 more countries in the middle east confirmed thier first cases which originated from the Iran outbreak.

Here's a stat for you. If the world has 7.2 billion people then 144 million could potentially die from this based on the maximum of 2% of every 100 who catch it. Thats scary stuff to say the least.
Hope your boy stays fit and well.

The WHO site, https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detai ... onaviruses has lots of info including stuff on pre-existing conditions and how it spreads. I hope you find something there that helps to ease your worries.
Selby White wrote: Those averages don't mean much to be fair unless they are attached to the chances of catching the virus.
They are meaningful in as much as they are the current fatality rates by age group. They don't reflect the chances of any individual in the general population of dying from it, they reflect the confirmed number of fatalities from those infected divided by the number of confirmed cases of infections.

EDIT: Thought I'd included the following in first post ...

There is an interesting piece here https://smw.ch/article/doi/smw.2020.20203 about the potential pitfalls and errors in trying to produce accurate fatality rates.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Got a birthday trip to Italy coming up soon half expecting it to be cancelled.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Got a birthday trip to Italy coming up soon half expecting it to be cancelled.
Lampadusa?
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:Got a birthday trip to Italy coming up soon half expecting it to be cancelled.
Lampadusa?
Staying at Vico Equense (South of Naples)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

You think that’s bad, DLW10 has a trip lined up to China :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
It's OK they'll let him in
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
He reckons he’s having ‘doubts’ about going :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
He reckons he’s having ‘doubts’ about going :shock:
Can't say I blame him, isn't on my list of worries here but China ! I'd have to think seriously about that.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders