Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

MOT1964 wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:A work colleague of the Boss returned from Italy 2 weeks ago and came back into work for a week and then complained of feeling unwell. Now she is self isolating for 2 weeks? Eh? That's what i said. Not bad if you can get it hey? We are going to Grabagrotty for a week of winter sun later this month, i have said to the other half if i have to fly the plane myself were going. :shifty:
Don't you just love predictive text Vid :lol:

I assume you mean Lanzarote. Like you, we're off to Tenerife for some sun.
No i meant it. :D It was Lanzarotes's old nickname i believe, altho i've never been i think its more modern now. Crickey Tenerife :wtf: you are going right into the Coranvirus action. If all goes to plan you may get stuck out there for a month. :lolno:
Grabagrotty is a new one to me. A quick search on Google and the only result is "did you mean grabagranny?" :lol:

Tenerife was booked a few months ago, so we'll have to see what happens during the next couple of weeks before we fly :shock:
Lost in translation by the sounds of it by me, i can't find the term either. Apparently warm weather helps control the virus so fingers crossed for all of us who have got a holiday booked. We have booked our trip independently inc a couple of trips so it will be a pain if the flights get cancelled.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
I know its not cricket but was on the news (radio 2) today that the FA have discussed finishing the season with games behind closed doors.
Personally can’t see the difference of a sports event & the London Underground for instance, where does it all end ?
Apparently, the reasoning is because the sporting events are viewed non-essential travellers whereas, in the main, underground travel is essential (presumably they mean for work).

We will just have to see what happens, but for this to happen this season of all seasons is just our luck.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Apparently, Scottish goalkeepers are immune to the Coronavirus. They never wash their hands but they never catch anything either.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sport England who are the governing body for Sport have issued this -

Based on the Government advice, Sport England has issued the following guidance:

There’s presently no rationale to close or cancel sporting events, but this may change as the situation evolves.
Anyone with flu-like symptoms should avoid the risk of spreading their infection, whatever that infection may be, by staying at home and recovering.
For those hosting sporting events, whatever their size, attendees and participants should stay up to date on the government’s latest advice on how to avoid catching or spreading the virus.
As the situation progresses we might advise the frail, elderly and those with pre-existing health conditions to stay away from gatherings as part of general advice aimed at minimising unnecessary contact with others.
For those travelling to sporting events overseas, the Foreign Office’s travel advice should be followed and travellers should note that apart from the countries and territories named in that advice, the government isn’t presently advising against travel to anywhere else.
For those who offer community and leisure services, such as running a local football team or running a gym, hand hygiene should be strongly promoted and encouraged and equipment and facilities should be thoroughly cleaned and wiped down as usual following use.
There’s presently no reason people should stop doing their daily sport and physical activities as they normally would.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

From Wikipedia
Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that are typically mild, such as the common cold,
So I have Coronavirus.

What the media are talking about is COVID_19
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The first coronavirus fatality in Berkshire was in the Royal Berkshire hospital in Reading. Guess where I'm going shortly to have my heart monitor fitted? :shock:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Am playing Table Tennis County matches this weekend and just got instruction from the National Association that the competition will still go ahead but handshakes between opponents are now banned.
That's OK don't like most of my opponents anyway ;) :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Am playing Table Tennis County matches this weekend and just got instruction from the National Association that the competition will still go ahead but handshakes between opponents are now banned.
Will the ball get disinfected at change of serve? If not, it makes the handshake ban meaningless.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:Am playing Table Tennis County matches this weekend and just got instruction from the National Association that the competition will still go ahead but handshakes between opponents are now banned.
Will the ball get disinfected at change of serve? If not, it makes the handshake ban meaningless.
That's an excellent point John :thumbup:
I may just question the tournament referee on that very issue. :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Went to a monthly music quiz in a little market town called Romsey last night.
It's run by the owner of a record shop there, Mark, and there's always a bunch of regulars, with a table full of teachers, some folk fans on another, some hip kids on one more and ours is made up of myself (music critic, ex-record shop staff), one of my old customers and three professional musicians.
Mark hosts it and always runs at least a lyric round and an album cover picture round, but the rest of it is generally created by the rest of us.
Obviously we don't tell anyone else on our teams what we're doing and we sit out the round itself when we get up and read out the questions. Normally they're intro's or based on some kind of link betweens songs, and it's a lot of fun.

Last night, everyone was very jolly and it was a really big turnout for a rainy Thursday.
Our lot all touched elbows and a few of us then touched feet with other tables and it was great that the virus was broken down by the humour inherent in performing such acts, but all that was shattered when our team name was mentioned during the half-time scores update.

We'd gone for My Corona ...