Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

cheffy007 wrote:Just delivered pack lunch number 213 to the NHS nurses and doctors working at our local assessment centre in Tunbridge Wells. Having a few contacts has been helpful as my local baker gives me fresh rolls every day, my butcher supplies sausage meat for my homemade sausage rolls and ham, a local chocolate workshop donates handmade chocolate bars and a neighbour who runs an online fruit and veg delivery business is giving me fresh fruit. Its great to see a small local community all helping out and being supportive to these hard working people who either come there on the back of a 12 hour shift or before they go off to do a night shift. Hopefully it wont be much longer and we will all get back to relative normality.
Its great to read that pal. :thumbup: That's been the one shinning light thru all this for me. People/business small and large coming together and mucking in to help out.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The media's obsession with Dominic Cummings is almost overshadowing the Virus itself. Does anyone know why the media hate the guy so much. I hear he's a bit bombastic and arrogant but christ give the guy a break. Its bordering on Princess Dianna all over again.
Have to disagree there Vid mate, you can’t set the rules for us all to follow and then go and break them yourself, and expect the public to carry on as normal. Boris had a real opportunity today to show leadership and blew it for me. Terrible presser from him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The media's obsession with Dominic Cummings is almost overshadowing the Virus itself. Does anyone know why the media hate the guy so much. I hear he's a bit bombastic and arrogant but christ give the guy a break. Its bordering on Princess Dianna all over again.
Sorry Mate for someone who tomorrow starts week 12 of lock down the mans an absolute disgrace. Not seen the kids or grandkids in all that time except via WhatsApp. Arrogant isn’t what I’d call him. At least he saw the bluebells :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

For what its worth I am far from a Conservative basher (not a party I can vote for) but I do not like this man full stop.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:For what its worth I am far from a Conservative basher (not a party I can vote for) but I do not like this man full stop.
I give everyone a chance, Boris has had his. What is the man on...
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I am strongly against un-elected advisers such as Cummings. Both Labour and Conservatives have been stacked out with them over the years (remember Alistair Campbell?) They all end up with too much power and influence, while most elected MP's never get a look in. I can only think that whoever is PM at the time doesn't have confidence in themselves or their cabinet.
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:For what its worth I am far from a Conservative basher (not a party I can vote for) but I do not like this man full stop.
I give everyone a chance, Boris has had his. What is the man on...
It truly sticks in my craw to say this but the odious Piers Morgan has suggested a government of national unity to deal with this unprecedented situation and I think he's right.

The problem is that Boris chose a cabinet of Brexit supporting ministers to 'get it done' clearly the government's priority after the election. The outcome is that most of them don't have sufficient life experience, never mind political experience, to deal with a crisis like this.

So I'd be in favour of bringing in eg Alan Johnson, Ken Clarke and Vince Cable to have a say in how to deal with the pandemic. Kier Stamer seems to have a cool lawyer's head and even Caroline Lucas talks a lot of sense.

The optics of this Cummings incident are clearly 'Do as I say, not as I do'. Truly appalling :evil:
Last edited by mapperleywhite on 24 May 2020, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Fair enough chaps. With me going out to work i see all sorts of rules being broken on a daily basis. The media will do anything to oust him and he should have known better to travel that sort of distance whilst they would be waiting in the wings to photograph him. The media won't let go here, i see no way back for him from becoming a negative distraction for the CP. Shame for me personally because i like the fact that he upsets the technocrats.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

The justified media attention on any politician or crony who step out of line in big style like this Cummings prat is ZERO like the persecution Lady Diana had to endure! What a staggering claim to make, VHTM.

And if it's right that there have been non Tory MPs also breaking the lockdown rules etc then they also deserve all the crap they get, and they deserve to be sacked, just to be balanced. Please, no more accusations of 'this place becoming more and more left wing biased' (as if that was true anyway :thumbup: )
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Vid, you rarely hit the mark and this time you've missed it by an effing mile

I appreciate I will probably have to step back from the forum for a while for abusing a fellow member but so be it.