Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The media's obsession with Dominic Cummings is almost overshadowing the Virus itself. Does anyone know why the media hate the guy so much. I hear he's a bit bombastic and arrogant but christ give the guy a break. Its bordering on Princess Dianna all over again.
Vid, you rarely hit the mark and this time you've missed it by an effing mile

I appreciate I will probably have to step back from the forum for a while for abusing a fellow member but so be it.
Come on. You don't think the media are obsessed with the guy? He may bring in on himself to some degree because he's different to the usual rabble in parliament but I personally like the fact he thinks outside the box. The Princess dianna comparison was just a illustration of the media's obsession with the guy. You don't think there is one?

You don't have to take step back from the forum on my behalf Sniff. Debate doesn't have to be conclusive does it? Although you do seem to pop up every now and then with a high mark for me to follow. Must try harder. ;)
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Man drives to Durham, self isolates, takes action to protect his kids, media & left wing go mad.

Teenage Girl abused by grooming gangs in barrow punched, bitten, gang raped. Beaten for not going to “parties” in lockdown - Media Silence.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

johnh wrote:I am strongly against un-elected advisers such as Cummings. Both Labour and Conservatives have been stacked out with them over the years (remember Alistair Campbell?) They all end up with too much power and influence, while most elected MP's never get a look in. I can only think that whoever is PM at the time doesn't have confidence in themselves or their cabinet.
I disagree with you here John. Politics aside - I honestly think we should employ the best men for the job. In terms of brexit deal, the best negotiator. In terms of this crisis I honestly believe we should have engaged with the private sector earlier. Part of the issue was logistics. Why not get McDonald’s / Matalan / Primark handling the distribution. McDonald’s drop to their 1300 outlets daily. Look at how the supermarkets manage to supply up to 40,000 items to their stores daily.

I actually spoke to the NHS and a firm called refresco back in March Re visors. Refresco / Cotts as was bottle 2L pop for coke/Pepsi and own label. A 2L blow mould machine can manufacture 25,000 bottles an hour. I believe they have 6 such machines in their plant nr Wakefield. Retool them and you may be able to produce 4x25,000 visors per hour x 6. 600,000 per hour or 14.4m per day. Cotts has 8 bottling plants in UK. They could probably supply the whole of Europe in a week! Their european production director agreed it could be done but sod all was followed up.

The problem is the Cival service which is not fit for purpose, who resist all change a la yes minister. I will give you ne crazy example HMRC wanting everyone to do a digital quarterly tax return when they can’t even accept an email!

Ha Ho keep safe
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

isrodger wrote:Man drives to Durham, self isolates, takes action to protect his kids, media & left wing go mad.
That's a massive over-simplification of what Cummings did.

To compare it to grooming of young women - a despicable act that has been practised in this country for decades and around the world for centuries - is pointless. You may as well have said "what about those concentration camps during WWII, eh ?"

You're attempting to deflect - a crime you've accused myself of in the past if I'm not mistaken.
The man has too much power, has never been elected and is a poisonous element who's only interested in money : https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -democracy
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:Man drives to Durham, self isolates, takes action to protect his kids, media & left wing go mad.

Teenage Girl abused by grooming gangs in barrow punched, bitten, gang raped. Beaten for not going to “parties” in lockdown - Media Silence.
Such media silence that you heard about it?

Anyway, polite request, keep on topic and keep your (likely) racist bile to yourself, please.

Even this comes from a Tory rag, re Cummings and the virus lockdown - 'What planet are they on?'

Poor Cummings getting castigated for his behaviour, Diana killed in an accident while her car is pursued by paparazzi... no comparison in the slightest.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 31266.html

Cummings and Boris - what a pair of prats/liars

Cummings is a major architect of lies and simplistic slogans such as 'Take back control' and 'Get Brexit done'

Did anyone see the documentary about him and the leave campaign?

It's called 'Bexit: The Uncivil War' and is worth a watch

I believe it's on Netflix.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

isrodger wrote:The problem is the Cival service which is not fit for purpose, who resist all change a la yes minister.
Not sure what you're getting at there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cival

As a Civil Servant who has been helping to process the 10-fold increase in benefit claims since the end of March, who has seen process changes by the hour, I take exception to that remark.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

The MSM are not interested in that story. Its not serious enough. They would rather camp outside Cummings house 24/7 follow him and his sick wife up to Durham (if indeed that's what happened? Maybe a private investigation needed) camp outside his and possibly his parents for another 24/7. And all this just to see if he has broken lockdown rules like millions of other people in the country. Apologies ANS for using PD... maybe Caroline Flack would be nearer the illustrative obsession mark?

I get that some people don't forgive him for Brexit but that's a whole different issue Whiteinfrance.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Interestingly I just looked up the meaning of Conservative --- 'Resistant to change or innovation' :wave:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

whiteinfrance wrote:Interestingly I just looked up the meaning of Conservative --- 'Resistant to change or innovation' :wave:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: