Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I don’t have a problem wearing a mask, in fact my wife thinks it’s an improvement :roll: I go for a walk most mornings around 05:30 & other than cars don’t see anyone but still wear a mask. Sadly there are those out there that will blatantly break the rule as the have with stock piling ( nothing illegal but the selfish attitude I’m talking about ) , demonstrations, raves, days on the beach & not maintaining a social distance. It’s only a matter of time before we have a second wave imho.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53392148 Winter 2nd wave.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I don’t have a problem wearing a mask, in fact my wife thinks it’s an improvement :roll: I go for a walk most mornings around 05:30 & other than cars don’t see anyone but still wear a mask. Sadly there are those out there that will blatantly break the rule as the have with stock piling ( nothing illegal but the selfish attitude I’m talking about ) , demonstrations, raves, days on the beach & not maintaining a social distance. It’s only a matter of time before we have a second wave imho.
Sadly it won't be going away anytime soon NW and i wear a mask every time i go outside it's always been something people do here long before covid hit the world because of the hot climate and dusty air from the ground. I'm living close to two volcanoes and the city i live in is sitting on volcanic ash that has hardened over time, so it can get dusty. Masks are a must to protect yourself and not to mention protect others from yourselves.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

A bit of normality returned today a local cafe we use reopened (under the guidlines) and as there were only 2 people in we stopped and had a coffee. We've said we will call but only when they are quiet.
We get on well with the owners and bless them they gave us a couple of scones which we are just enjoying at home as i read the forum. :D

Doesn't stop there Mrs SW had her dentist phone and call her in for a long awaited appointment (was cancelled in March). She is on Denplan so has been getting nothing for her monthly payments.

Hits the hat trick as she also has got her hair appointment sorted, still can't understand why she never let me have a bash. :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Today, went with my eldest daughter and her husband and her indoors, to the local garden centre where they have a cafe. Had an all day breakfast, Sausages, scrambled egg, mushrooms, tomato's, bacon and toast. Nice to get out with family.
I once played against Don Revie.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

johnh wrote:Today, went with my eldest daughter and her husband and her indoors, to the local garden centre where they have a cafe. Had an all day breakfast, Sausages, scrambled egg, mushrooms, tomato's, bacon and toast. Nice to get out with family.
That sounds good - I do love a cooked breakfast, particularly when someone else cooks it.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:Sad to see Liverpool fans celebration not only break lockdown restrictions but also turn violent.

In my eyes puts them in the same book as those that protest on the streets, pack the beaches, attend illegal music festivals, etc.
There is a time for everything but in the middle of the worst world pandemic since 1918 now isn't it.

Complete morons the lot of them.

Wouldn't normally wish ill health on anyone but some of these idiots actually deserve for this thing to bite them, just hope the rest of us stay safe.
Agreed and am just hoping that "when" promotion is confirmed either lockdown has loosened again (I doubt it) or our fans don't do similar.
It’s inevitable fans congregating at ER ‘when’ promotion is confirmed, I won’t be there that is for sure.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-53449239

The scenes outside Elland Road tonight were always going to happen, who can blame the fans for congregating?

It would happen with any club, and is the reason why there was very little criticism of Liverpool fans from within the football world.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

MOT1964 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:Sad to see Liverpool fans celebration not only break lockdown restrictions but also turn violent.

In my eyes puts them in the same book as those that protest on the streets, pack the beaches, attend illegal music festivals, etc.
There is a time for everything but in the middle of the worst world pandemic since 1918 now isn't it.

Wouldn't normally wish ill health on anyone but some of these idiots actually deserve for this thing to bite them, just hope the rest of us stay safe.
Agreed and am just hoping that "when" promotion is confirmed either lockdown has loosened again (I doubt it) or our fans don't do similar.
It’s inevitable fans congregating at ER ‘when’ promotion is confirmed, I won’t be there that is for sure.

The scenes outside Elland Road tonight were always going to happen, who can blame the fans for congregating?

It would happen with any club, and is the reason why there was very little criticism of Liverpool fans from within the football world.
Players joining in from a safe distance, what a night, what a club.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
MOT1964 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Players joining in from a safe distance, what a night, what a club.
Liverpool and Leeds fans are being asked to stay away from their stadiums tonight, I just cannot see it happening.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Inevitably there will be fans there.

I’ve taken the view that I’ve been to all the home games this season, I did all the ground/town hall celebrations back in ‘92 and also the fact that I’m nearly 50 so I’ll leave all the mad stuff to the young ‘uns :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I take Covid serious so a no from me.

However I'm sure there are plenty that will be there, does make me wonder if it will come back and haunt a few of them though.
Sad to say it could give the saying "Live for the day" an whole new meaning.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.