Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: Tbf i haven't followed the story that closely so i don't know the evidence, pictures ect.

So don't get involved then :shh:

A passer-by who saw Cummings in Durham went to the police questioning why he was up here when he'd supposedly reported as showing symptoms and beginning a period of self-isolation the day before when he was down in London. It's NOT journalists following him, it's a concerned member of the public.
Deleted User 728

isrodger wrote:
Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:
I object to that you sound like your in the Naz Shah camp of telling the likes of the Rotherham sex abuse victims to ‘shut their mouths for the good of diversity’.
Sorry but statements like that aimed at other members are uncalled for on this forum and irrelevant to the debate.
Think before you post something that will inflame bad feeling please.
And your mates post calling me a racist is presumably acceptable??
ISR, did you read what really happened with the Naz Shah quote about diversity ? It was a mistaken "like" for a fake twitter account set up in Owen Jones' name, almost certainly set up by your mates in the tory party. It was retracted and un-liked within minutes once she realised she'd made a mistake. You know, a mistake .. like driving 500 miles up and down the country when you should be, by your own rule, self-isolating at home.

But don't let the facts divert you in any way, will you ?
Deleted User 728

ISR, are you going to respond to any of my rebuttals of your posts ?

It's not like you ...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Ok guys,
I've only just logged in today and boy are things a bit heated. I want to make a suggestion, closing such an inportant thread "Coronavirus" would be stupid and would gain nothing.

Can I ask ALL members to refrain from posting on this thread for for 24 hrs, lets say 1800hrs tomorrow (Tuesday) Just to hopefully let things cool down.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

rigger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: Tbf i haven't followed the story that closely so i don't know the evidence, pictures ect.

A passer-by who saw Cummings in Durham went to the police questioning why he was up here when he'd supposedly reported as showing symptoms and beginning a period of self-isolation the day before when he was down in London. It's NOT journalists following him, it's a concerned member of the public.
I It will be interesting to see what date and where the member of public actually saw him, i'm not sure it was the same day as you report Rig? You can't knock a man for doing the right thing for his family but unfortunately its created a shitstorm and its easy to see why it would piss people off. The government have put a lot of faith and credibility in his side of story when maybe it would have been easier to ask him to step down until everything has calmed down. Judging by the reaction on here its already starting to back fire for the Government.
Deleted User 728

Or start a new thread entitled "Actual Covid-19 discussion" and rename this one "Coronavirus and the descent into turmoil" or something ??
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Or start a new thread entitled "Actual Covid-19 discussion" and rename this one "Coronavirus and the descent into turmoil" or something ??
I think I prefer the taking a 24 hr break option :) :thumbup:

I'm sure all those involved will be able to take a break.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
rigger wrote:

I It will be interesting to see what date and where the member of public actually saw him, i'm not sure it was the same day as you report Rig? You can't knock a man for doing the right thing for his family but unfortunately its created a shitstorm and its easy to see why it would piss people off. The government have put a lot of faith and credibility in his side of story when maybe it would have been easier to ask him to step down until everything has calmed down. Judging by the reaction on here its already starting to back fire for the Government.
It was the DAY AFTER, ie he drove up from London and the next day someone saw him in Durham.

See the words "the", "day" and "before" that are underlined ??
There's a clue for you.
Please don't misquote me. That's almost as bad as you "doubting" it actually happened in the first place.
Like I said before, if you aren't up on the story I would suggest you either read up on it or stay out of this debate because your posts on it have been really unhelpful so far.
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:Or start a new thread entitled "Actual Covid-19 discussion" and rename this one "Coronavirus and the descent into turmoil" or something ??
I think I prefer the taking a 24 hr break option :) :thumbup:

I'm sure all those involved will be able to take a break.
Just lock it for now if you like - unlock it again tomorrow.
Deleted User 728