The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:
Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:
I object to that you sound like your in the Naz Shah camp of telling the likes of the Rotherham sex abuse victims to ‘shut their mouths for the good of diversity’.
Sorry but statements like that aimed at other members are uncalled for on this forum and irrelevant to the debate.
Think before you post something that will inflame bad feeling please.
And your mates post calling me a racist is presumably acceptable??
I doubt I need to say this but actually, I didn't call you a racist.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:
I object to that you sound like your in the Naz Shah camp of telling the likes of the Rotherham sex abuse victims to ‘shut their mouths for the good of diversity’.
Sorry but statements like that aimed at other members are uncalled for on this forum and irrelevant to the debate.
Think before you post something that will inflame bad feeling please.
And your mates post calling me a racist is presumably acceptable??
Did I say it was?
And using words such as mates is pathetic, to my knowledge I've never met yourself or ANS or many others on here.

As for moderators yes we are seen as a group but to suggest it's a close nit group of mates is wrong we all have different opinions, it fact I find the mates accusation quite offensive.
Just trying to keep this in order as a moderator but you are trying to find an argument that isn't there.
If you saw it I posted earlier asking all members to keep on track and keep it civil, I responded directly to your post as it was after that.

For the record I sometimes agree and disagree with both yourself and ANS.
ISR,
Think you need to explain your "Mates" comment, what are you referring to.

As I explained I posted directly to your post which was after my statement requesting EVERYONE to keep on track which you had ignored.

I've always tried to moderate this forum fairly as I see it but if you and majority of other members feel I don't do the job as per the forum rules rules/guidelines then i'm more than happy to stand down.

Just in case you've missed it here is a link to posting etiquette that I work to and all members should read :-

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=823
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

As this thread is reopened i will give you an update from here in Oz for New South Wales, other states are in differing stages -

From next Monday we have a few restrictions lifted such as we can finally go to the pub/club but only 50 can be on the premesis at one time, i think they will do also take your temperature before you enter (like i do at work and day care) and anyone with a high temp can be turned away from entering. if you have the App for tracing you won't have to leave you details at either the pub/club/restaurant or cafes.

Beauty salons are opening but only 10 people are allowed in at one time.

Cafe/Restaurants can seat up to 50 people

Places like Zoo, Museums, Galleries etc will open

We will be able to travel within NSW for a holiday which should help regional areas especially ones which had the double whammy of the Bushfires and the Virus.

On the sport side
The Rugby League started last night, no crowds but come the season end there might be people who can attend
Aussie Rules starts on June 11, both them and the NRL are looking at their grand finals in October
A League Soccer are planning for July kick off to finish in August

Grassroots sport (kids) are looking to start very soon with adults later in a month or two.

i'd expect for us to be on the next stage in mid-July where the states borders might open up.

In 2-4 months i expect we will be able to fly to New Zealand thanks to the bubble that both governments have agreed to but flying anywhere else will be at least 6-12 months away.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just when you thought things are improving you find you live in one of the 18 areas not yet reached their peak of coronavirus deaths.

Think mixing with others will be staying on the back burner for now in our household even if it is allowed by the powers that be.

18 AREAS YET TO SEE THEIR CORONAVIRUS DEATH PEAK
Ashford, Kent
Broadland, Norfolk
Carlisle, Cumbria
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Eden, Cumbria
Fenland, Cambridgeshire
Herefordshire
Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicestershire
Kettering, Northamptonshire
North Somerset
Preston, Lancashire
Richmondshire, North Yorkshire
Rother, East Sussex
Selby, North Yorkshire
South Norfolk
Tonbridge and Malling, Kent
Wrexham, North Wales
Wyre, Lancashire
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Interesting - where did the list come from?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So many different messages coming out no longer know who to believe. It appears looking at social media many think it’s over given that social distancing seems a thing of the past.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

psquithy wrote:Interesting - where did the list come from?
Was in most of the papers (online)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.u ... 74699/amp/
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So many different messages coming out no longer know who to believe. It appears looking at social media many think it’s over given that social distancing seems a thing of the past.
I am going to carry on as if we are still under lockdown.
Both myself and Jeanna are working as normal anyway so nothing will change for us, which means we still won't be going anywhere unneccessary and will continue to buy stuff online if we need anything non-food and will continue to avoid public spaces.

The effect Cummings has had is to legitimise the feeling "Well, it's alright for them .." amongst the general public.
It's also added fuel to the argument that it's "just an overblown cold" or a hoax.
While there are still hundreds dying every day in this country, there's no way there should be any kind of easing yet IMHO.
Kids going back to school is madness.
Universities and schools are hotbeds for transmission because there's so many families in contact with each other and because people come from a wide and even international catchment area in the case of uni's.

Most of you know I worked at Southampton Uni until recently. My friends there have told me they're on furlough now until late September at the earliest but there are no concrete plans yet for next year. Apparently 1 in 5 students due to start this coming October have deferred for a year - that's nationally, btw, not just down here.
Very sensible decision I think.
If I had kids I wouldn't be letting them go back to school or college yet either.
I'm glad it's not legally enforceable - yet - and that it's a decision for each family to make.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

We are sticking to lockdown as though nothing as changed, walk in the morning, gardening in the afternoon (a few projects on the go) and bit of TV in the evening.
We have been to the shops and keep our 2 metres as much as possible. Also chat over the garden fence with neighbours from distance.
Other than that our contact with the outside world will continue via the Internet.

Am witnessing a few more people breaking the rules though.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We’ve just completed 12 weeks tomorrow in isolation. We get provisions from Tesco ( home delivery ) Majestic & Regal Fish & whilst this continues we are happy to stay put. We are currently looking at July 1st as the earliest we might return to normal but in all honesty not holding my breath. Keeping in touch with the family via WhatsApp is a godsend. The granddaughter always makes me smile as she calls the virus, the wirus. Without getting political we’ve been far too soft with lockdown & people just haven’t played ball travelling distances to walk, congregating in groups & just been plain stupid.
Winner of the Europa League