Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote:But I am starting to worry about the education system in this country.
The older I get, the more cynical I become - I think everyone does, don't they ?
Yet part of me sincerely believes that this is all part of the masterplan : keep the proles dumb enough and you can control them forever and live off them like livestock ...
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Brighton seafront yesterday :twisted:

Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Brighton seafront yesterday :twisted:

Unbelievable.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote: Unbelievable.
Not a mask to be seen :twisted: Sue had a call from our doctor this morning & Covid-19 was mentioned. The doctor said there is some light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in a while, fingers & everything else crossed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Not a mask to be seen :twisted: Sue had a call from our doctor this morning & Covid-19 was mentioned. The doctor said there is some light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in a while, fingers & everything else crossed.
Yes, definitely hope now with the vaccine, but the pressure on the NHS at the moment is terrible and the numbers are horrendous (although new cases are finally coming down).

They can’t get those vaccines into people’s arms quick enough for me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Folk really do think they’re virus proof. Really is unbelievable as already stated.
Deleted User 728

What's the source of that photo ?

It looks very bright for the time of year and lots of people are only wearing a hoody for warmth.

It's not snowing down here, but it's still very cold on the south coast and as I'm only about 60 miles from where this is supposed to have been taken, I don't think the weather has been anything like that apart from on Friday afternoon when, again, it was chuffing freezing despite being sunny for a bit.

If it's social media, I'm inclined to say it's not genuine. Not for yesterday, I mean. It's obviously Brighton :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The Daily Telegraph
Bright weather saw people flock to the Brighton sea front, despite the national lockdown aimed at curbing the spread of coronavirus
Deleted User 728

Blimey.
That is shocking then :o

I think the only solution is to put a physical limit on distance from home, in terms of where people go "once a day" to exercise.
But how do you police it given that we don't have enough officers out there to do so ?
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

I posted yesterday morning that it was glorious down here and was concerned about the numbers coming to our seafront. It was reasonably warm and lovely sunshine and we walked along the prom, it was quite busy and a lot must have come from outside the area as the car parks were half full, we wore masks but we were in the minority, i think some people think they are safe by the sea and are totally oblivious regarding distancing.