Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Coronavirus

Post by White Knight »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:A lot of the squad including Ben White are in Ibiza so it looks like a 2 week quarantine when they get back.
From all the pictures, looks like he’s with Kalvin, Tyler Roberts and a couple of the others.

There are loads of pictures of the more senior members of the squad together on holiday with their partners, not sure where they are though.
It seems that Philips, Roberts and Poveda were in Ibiza with two lads from the WBA team, including Leko - (interesting from the Kiko issue point of view).

Some of the others went as couples to another venue in the Balearic Islands such as Cooper, Ayling, Dallas, Hernández etc with their wives.

All have been told to return to England or to a country with a land bridge to England to start their quarantine. Their pre season kicks off next week so that they have a six week run in to the kick off of the Premier League :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:
Selby White wrote:Interesting question.

Later this year we are supposed to be going to Italy for and holiday which was transferred from March.

If the tour goes ahead and the rules change while we are away (like it did with Spain) and we have to Quarantine on our return how do we do it initially ?

We are flying from Gatwick and planning to go down on the train. So when travelling back north how can we do it when sharing a train with others ?

I've nothing against the rule but not sure how its possible until you actually get to your own home.
Some information here SW.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52544307

What are the quarantine rules?

Travellers from affected countries - including UK nationals - are asked to provide an address where they will self-isolate for 14 days. They can be fined £100 for failing to fill in a form with these details.

One in five eligible passengers will be called or texted to check they are following the rules.

People who do not self-isolate can be fined up to £1,000 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and those returning to Scotland could be fined £480, with fines up to £5,000 for persistent offenders.

Passengers should drive in their own car to their destination, where possible. If they don't provide an address, the government will arrange accommodation at the traveller's expense.

Once at their destination, they must not use public transport or taxis during the quarantine period. They must also not go to work, school, or public areas, or have visitors except for essential support.

Not are they allowed to go out to buy food, or other essentials, if they can rely on others.

People returning from overseas will not be automatically eligible for statutory sick pay during this period, unless they meet the required conditions - for example displaying coronavirus symptoms.
Thanks for that MOT, very much appreciated.

We are not due to go while late September and are half expecting the tour company to cancel if things change in Italy.
Suppose anything can happen before then.
When we transferred the dates from March never in a million years did I expect covid to be still a major concern. Does make you wonder when it will end.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Selby White wrote: Thanks for that MOT, very much appreciated.

We are not due to go while late September and are half expecting the tour company to cancel if things change in Italy.
When we transferred the dates from March never in a million years did I expect covid to be still a major concern. Does make you wonder when it will end.
Similar to you SW we had our holiday in March to Tenerife cancelled so decided to book again at the end of November, assuming that there would be no problem with regards to Covid by then. We have free cancellation until the end of September so will make our decision then, but our current thinking is that we may not be going.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

MOT1964 wrote:
Selby White wrote: Thanks for that MOT, very much appreciated.

Similar to you SW we had our holiday in March to Tenerife cancelled so decided to book again at the end of November, assuming that there would be no problem with regards to Covid by then. We have free cancellation until the end of September so will make our decision then, but our current thinking is that we may not be going.
We cancelled our villa in Albufeira when the travel lockdown started. We were lucky as we got the deposit transferred to next year. Tracey was really disappointed as this was a family hol for her 50th and when Portugal opened up for tourism she jumped in and booked a place for the 6 that could still travel. Then the list of "safe" destinations came out and Portugal wasn't on it. Now we all have to self isolate when we get back home, we are lucky as those that went either have the time to take off or can work from home. We went hoping that Portugal would go onto the safe list but a lot of those people in Spain now could be poo'd on.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

This will not end till there is a vaccine, until that we have to live in a COVID world. I can't believe there is any overseas travel at this time, there are virtually no safe countries in the world and to be told that is irresponsible by those who say it, we have locked our borders here other than to Citizens or permanent residents, no-one else can get in unless its on compassionate grounds. I can't see our overseas borders open till 2022 and normal overseas travel back to business till 2023/4.

Was originally going to the Sunshine Coast for a 50th/70th birthdays for a holiday but that got canned, was going to the South Coast of NSW in March that got canned and moved to November but with how this is going that won't happen either :(

Sad times really considering we are one of the better countries during the COVID crisis, bar Victoria which has gone real bad in recent days, the rest of the country has low infection rates but sporadic cluster cases.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

Mr Russell wrote:This will not end till there is a vaccine, until that we have to live in a COVID world. I can't believe there is any overseas travel at this time, there are virtually no safe countries in the world and to be told that is irresponsible by those who say it, we have locked our borders here other than to Citizens or permanent residents, no-one else can get in unless its on compassionate grounds. I can't see our overseas borders open till 2022 and normal overseas travel back to business till 2023/4.

Was originally going to the Sunshine Coast for a 50th/70th birthdays for a holiday but that got canned, was going to the South Coast of NSW in March that got canned and moved to November but with how this is going that won't happen either :(

Sad times really considering we are one of the better countries during the COVID crisis, bar Victoria which has gone real bad in recent days, the rest of the country has low infection rates but sporadic cluster cases.
Stay Safe Mr R. I have a few friends I grew up with in a few major cities in Aus and they are more worried by the recent outbreak than they were when Covid began in Jan/Feb. The first wave was contingent on passengers coming back from China at the time and the Authorities had it well under control, but with Melbourne having a bad cluster issue lately people are starting to panic.

Where I am in the Philippines there's a lot of new cases now every day. They can't afford another lockdown or so I'm told so basically what we have is what we basically survive on. It's very stressful but i have to get on with it regardless. I am the person doing the shopping when it's needed and although the supermarkets are always filled with stuff to buy I believe if this outbreak gets worse there will be a lot more than covid deaths happen. This is only our first real wave here in my city where as Manila has been dealing with it for many months.

Stay safe
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

CorkWhite wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:This will not end till there is a vaccine, until that we have to live in a COVID world. I can't believe there is any overseas travel at this time, there are virtually no safe countries in the world and to be told that is irresponsible by those who say it, we have locked our borders here other than to Citizens or permanent residents, no-one else can get in unless its on compassionate grounds. I can't see our overseas borders open till 2022 and normal overseas travel back to business till 2023/4.

Stay Safe Mr R. I have a few friends I grew up with in a few major cities in Aus and they are more worried by the recent outbreak than they were when Covid began in Jan/Feb. The first wave was contingent on passengers coming back from China at the time and the Authorities had it well under control, but with Melbourne having a bad cluster issue lately people are starting to panic.

Where I am in the Philippines there's a lot of new cases now every day. They can't afford another lockdown or so I'm told so basically what we have is what we basically survive on. It's very stressful but i have to get on with it regardless. I am the person doing the shopping when it's needed and although the supermarkets are always filled with stuff to buy I believe if this outbreak gets worse there will be a lot more than covid deaths happen. This is only our first real wave here in my city where as Manila has been dealing with it for many months.

Stay safe
Cheers CW, you stay safe over there.

Luckily I'm in regional NSW and not in any of the cities but yeah I think more people are worried as the virus seems to have mutated a bit and younger people are ending up in hospital and getting very unwell although it still seems to be more people in age care facilities (especially in Victoria) where a lot of deaths have occurred. I can see lockdown's coming back but this time I hope they do it more measured and just not close everything at once. I can see Victoria in lockdown until the new year at this rate, Pandora's box has well and truly being opened down there. We have no real lockdown but there are limits to funerals/weddings/pubs/clubs etc etc

Strange and worrying times ahead for the planet and its peoples.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Boris Johnson has halted plans to ease restrictions by a further 2 weeks.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Boris Johnson has halted plans to ease restrictions by a further 2 weeks.
Sort of expecting it, given the rate of new cases per day as doubled in the last week.
No coincidence that the previous easing (pubs, etc) happened a couple of weeks ago.

Been negative but wouldn't be shocked if we are back in full lockdown by end of August.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Boris Johnson has halted plans to ease restrictions by a further 2 weeks.
Sort of expecting it, given the rate of new cases per day as doubled in the last week.
No coincidence that the previous easing (pubs, etc) happened a couple of weeks ago.

Been negative but wouldn't be shocked if we are back in full lockdown by end of August.
It's looking likely but can the country afford another lockdown? the economics are taking a huge hit in Europe, America and most Asian countries too. Where I live they can't go back into lockdown its economically just not feasible so say the politicians. I'm more worried about the south China Sea these days turning into a full scale war just to take my mind of covid for a break.......