The Doomsday poll - what's the biggest threat to humanity ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Which of these do you consider to be the most immediate threat to humanity ?

CLIMATE CHANGE ?
15%
A PANDEMIC VIRUS ?
25%
NUCLEAR WAR ?
15%
THE RISE OF TECHNOLOGY & AI ?
10%
WORLD HUNGER ?
No votes
WORLD OBESITY ?
No votes
THE POST-CAPITALIST SLIDE INTO ECONOMIC OBLIVION WHICH ENDS ULTIMATELY IN THE SECOND GREAT DEPRESSION ?
15%
ASTEROID STRIKE ?
20%

Total votes: 20

Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: The Doomsday poll - what's the biggest threat to humanit

Post by Saxon »

Climate change for me.
All the starving people in the world, and no water, it will be 100 times worse, leading to wars over water.
All you over there in the UK you're in serious trouble. The UK is on the same latitude line as Alaska. If a big chunk of ice breaks off the Northern ice cap and disturbs the Gulf Stream Drift ocean current! you think your climate is bad now? Wait around for a while and you better stock up on long johns.
Good to see Biden has rejoined Paris climate accord.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Saxon wrote:Climate change for me.
All the starving people in the world, and no water, it will be 100 times worse, leading to wars over water.
All you over there in the UK you're in serious trouble. The UK is on the same latitude line as Alaska. If a big chunk of ice breaks off the Northern ice cap and disturbs the Gulf Stream Drift ocean current! you think your climate is bad now? Wait around for a while and you better stock up on long johns.
Good to see Biden has rejoined Paris climate accord.
Nah, we'll be OK. You must be aware of all this global warming we keep hearing about? I remember reading an article that recommended we all plant cactus type plants in our gardens as we are going to get arid, desert like weather. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by The Squirrel »

Hmm, pragmatically its climate change.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Regarding the options, I think it will be all of them and on the same day. Probably Friday 13th. That, or a thoroughly miserable Monday.
I once played against Don Revie.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

rigger wrote:Every time I turn on the news, look at a paper or engage with social media all I see is doom and gloom whether on a local, national or global level so I thought I'd start a poll about the looming threat to human life on earth as we know it :wave:
Sorry - I know I shouldn’t be laughing - but this is one of the funniest polls I’ve read on here. Maybe it’s just me.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Tedbaker wrote:
rigger wrote:Every time I turn on the news, look at a paper or engage with social media all I see is doom and gloom whether on a local, national or global level so I thought I'd start a poll about the looming threat to human life on earth as we know it :wave:
Sorry - I know I shouldn’t be laughing - but this is one of the funniest polls I’ve read on here. Maybe it’s just me.
John's comment just above yours cracked me up, I must say :lol: