Sky/Virgin TV

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sky/Virgin TV

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My contract with Virgin Media has run out so don’t know whether to switch to Sky & if so will I be treated as a new customer, thus getting all the perks that’s goes with being a new customer. I’ve spent 3 years 3 months with Virgin but the cost is going up again at the end of this month. We currently have the full package except the movie channels.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: Sky/Virgin TV

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I've been with Sky and Virgin before and left both because they were too expensive for the amount of time I spent using them.
I only have freeview now and also have a NowTV box but I rarely use that either because Jeanna has a Firestick which is now at my place as she watches on her computer at hers.
We generally watch Netflix and Amazon, along with the catch-up services like 4OD, iPlayer, etc.

I don't miss Sky or Virgin at all.
Well, maybe Sky Sports News, which is great to leave on in the background if you're pottering.

I watch matches on the PC and can access other things - series or movies - the same way, either streaming online watching live or saving for later if I feel like it.

It's certainly not the £100 per month Sky seem to want.

They all offer the earth to new customers but have you considered calling Virgin to tell them why you're leaving ?
You should be put through to their retentions department who in turn should offer you a much better deal to stay for another year.
If they don't, just leave like you said ..