LUFC Talk - Film Club

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

LUFC Talk - Film Club

Post by Selby White »

We are probably all going to spend lots of time at home in the coming weeks months with no sport to watch so a good time to dig out the old DVD's & Videos :D

Big Clint fan and love a good western so last night put on arguably the greatest western ever "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly", brilliant film but the star for me was definitely the Eli Wallach character Tuco Ramirez.

Clint did make some fantastic westerns and will definitely watching a few more in the coming weeks :D

Anyone else going through their film collection ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: LUFC Talk - Film Club

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:We are probably all going to spend lots of time at home in the coming weeks months with no sport to watch so a good time to dig out the old DVD's & Videos :D

Big Clint fan and love a good western so last night put on arguably the greatest western ever "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly", brilliant film but the star for me was definitely the Eli Wallach character Tuco Ramirez.

Clint did make some fantastic westerns and will definitely watching a few more in the coming weeks :D

Anyone else going through their film collection ?
I didn't learn with the few vinyl records I had, threw them out when I got CDs. Just last month I took 2 TESCO for life bafs full of DVDs to the charity shop.... Tracey still hasn't forgave me for taking her Madame X DVD ... can't get it anywhere now :cry:

So yes will probably be trying to find films on Sky etc.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Watched the Odessa Files last night.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I love old black and white films, either classic American noir or silly British comedies and anything in between.
Last night I introduced Jeanna to Margaret Rutherford in Murder Most Foul from 1964. She plays Miss Marple in her own unique style as she tries to solve a murder case centred on a theatrical troupe fronted by Ron Moody. The rest of the cast includes James Bolam, Windsor Davies and Terry Scott, all very fresh faced, and it's a cracking story and a really enjoyable picture all round.

Had to explain some of the language used as it was a little dated here and there, such as when a rather camp theatrical agent described a particular play as a "flopperoo" :)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Haven't got a 'film collection' but occasionally find something watchable on Youtube.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

rigger wrote:I love old black and white films, either classic American noir or silly British comedies and anything in between.
Last night I introduced Jeanna to Margaret Rutherford in Murder Most Foul from 1964. She plays Miss Marple in her own unique style as she tries to solve a murder case centred on a theatrical troupe fronted by Ron Moody. The rest of the cast includes James Bolam, Windsor Davies and Terry Scott, all very fresh faced, and it's a cracking story and a really enjoyable picture all round.

Had to explain some of the language used as it was a little dated here and there, such as when a rather camp theatrical agent described a particular play as a "flopperoo" :)
100% agree, we watched a couple of Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock Holmes which we really enjoyed ( my favourite Sherlock ;) ) We have TCM which is excellent for old movies.
Deleted User 728

Rathbone was the daddy !
Such a perfect piece of casting.
Their version of The Hound is the best I've ever seen. Love Nigel Bruce (I think) as Watson, too. Always seemed to be less a case of him being a bit bumbling and more permanently tipsy, IMHO :)

TCM is great.
There's a couple of other channels on FreeView - Talking Pictures and Sony Movies - that also show old films.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Today’s movie is going to be The Charge of the Light Brigade with Trevor Howard.
Deleted User 728

I think we'll be getting into the newly available Studio Ghibli collection on Netflix.
We're both into manga so that should keep us going for a few weeks :)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote: There's a couple of other channels on FreeView - Talking Pictures and Sony Movies - that also show old films.
Have watched one or two on Sony Movies recently, they are putting a few old classics on there.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.