The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: How’s everyone doing ?

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Took a drive to the council tip on Friday as I'd heard it had re-opened. It had but you had to book an appointment. Got home, It's only 5 minutes away, calledthe council .. closed! I went on the chat facilitiy and a lovely lady, very apologetic, told me they were only allowing one appointmentper address and you had to bring ID. They were only accepting bagged paper waste, bagged cardboard, bagged garden waste and small amounts of timber. No vans or trailers allowed.

What with being in lockdown and doing things to tray and take my mind of some things I've emptied and demolished an old shed. Stripped and wallpapered a bedroom lifted the carpet and fitted wood flooring. Somehow I don't see me getting it all in my car boot.
If it makes you feel any better, I’ve now got 6 big builders sacks full of garden waste stacked up against the garage.
The side of my house is starting to look like Steptoe and Sons yard.
Not a lot of help to Davy but maybe to BB, the waste recycle depot on canal road is open again according to their website.

https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/selby-hou ... ing-centre
Yes mate, saw that, rang them and it’s just for hazardous waste (not garden waste).

P.S. I’m up to 8 bags.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Took a drive to the council tip on Friday as I'd heard it had re-opened. It had but you had to book an appointment. Got home, It's only 5 minutes away, calledthe council .. closed! I went on the chat facilitiy and a lovely lady, very apologetic, told me they were only allowing one appointmentper address and you had to bring ID. They were only accepting bagged paper waste, bagged cardboard, bagged garden waste and small amounts of timber. No vans or trailers allowed.

What with being in lockdown and doing things to tray and take my mind of some things I've emptied and demolished an old shed. Stripped and wallpapered a bedroom lifted the carpet and fitted wood flooring. Somehow I don't see me getting it all in my car boot.
If it makes you feel any better, I’ve now got 6 big builders sacks full of garden waste stacked up against the garage.
The side of my house is starting to look like Steptoe and Sons yard.
Not a lot of help to Davy but maybe to BB, the waste recycle depot on canal road is open again according to their website.

https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/selby-hou ... ing-centre
Yes mate, saw that, rang them and it’s just for hazardous waste (not garden waste).

P.S. I’m up to 8 bags.
Typical I've got a lot to take down was going to do it this week.
Plan B fill all the neighbours bins :shh:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Well I can’t feel reassured after Boris’s speech last night if I’m honest. I keep thinking of the mayor of Amity Island who was concerned about the finances of the town & told everyone it was safe to go back in the water.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Well I can’t feel reassured after Boris’s speech last night if I’m honest. I keep thinking of the mayor of Amity Island who was concerned about the finances of the town & told everyone it was safe to go back in the water.
Like the comparison :clap: :lol:

The way I see it is we can go slightly further afield but still need to keep our distance from others.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just had some homemade cards delivered from our grandchildren telling how much they are missing us. Floods of tears from us both.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Well I can’t feel reassured after Boris’s speech last night if I’m honest. I keep thinking of the mayor of Amity Island who was concerned about the finances of the town & told everyone it was safe to go back in the water.
NW, If you finally get to Scarbados this summer, don't go paddling.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I see on social media that the residents of Scarbados, Brid & Filey are asking people to stay away at the weekend. Stating there’s no pubs, restaurants or cafes open & all the toilets are closed. They won’t take a blind bit of notice though.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

How is everyone ?
Thought I'd raise the question again as we've now been under lockdown and social distancing a long time.

So what have we all been up to ?

Personally on a positive we've had the time to do a lot of work in our garden virtually reconstructing the bottom end.
Was basically lawn with small veg patch stuck in the middle.
Have added a 2nd patio area in front of a rose garden, increased the size of the veg patch, added a 2nd veg growing area, started a herb garden 10 different herbs in there so far, put in 2 footpaths around the main veg patch to get to the new patio (one is wood chippings the other is stepping stones). Actually will complete the wood chipping path today.
Also added a lot of plants to the borders around the rest of our lawns.

On a negative we've still not been able to visit the new grandson, did suggest to Mrs SW we drive down and back one day now you can meet a 2nd household but she doesn't want to until she can hold/cuddle young Henry. So its online video calls and a string of photos to look at :(

Main thing is we are all keeping well, hope everyone else is :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We’re coping I’ve sussed our Tesco home delivery although our youngest tells us demand isn’t anywhere near as high as it was. We get a fish delivery once a month & Majestic deliver wine so we have all bases covered. I’m reading a lot at the moment, mainly fiction funnily enough not watching as much TV. We get out once a day, separately that way we get a break from each other usually doing about 4-5000 steps. Not that we went out much before but am missing the opportunity to go out & grab a meal. Missing our regular meeting with 2 friends from Leicestershire who we met on a coach trip to Spain 5 years ago. The grandkids though are what we miss the most luckily we set up a WhatsApp group so speak every day. Personally I’m missing the cricket it’s going to hurt this weekend as it was due to be YCCC v The Darkside at Scarbados where we would have seen 4 days of capacity crowds.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I'm lucky (never thought I'd say this lol) to have been able to get back to work a few weeks back. Still a bit strange with 75% of staff still off. Got a bit of work done around the gard as well, I introduced a very small pond way back in April and after allowing it to filter settle etc I added a few fish last week. I must sat the addition of a gentle trickle of water adds to the enjoyment on a sunny day, silly how little things make you smile.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders