How’s everyone doing ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: How’s everyone doing ?

Post by johnh »

Had a phone call from the Physio this morning. She disagreed with Davy's suggestion about the sprint. She thinks the pole vault is a better option but if the landing area is a sand pit then it's better to land on my head rather than my leg. 'Will do less damage' she said.
Actually, did get a phone call from the Physio. Got to keep taking the tablets and make sure I get gentle exercise but she thinks things are progressing well but they are as puzzled as I am at how quickly it all started - and why/how? :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Having not really left the estate in all these weeks my wife had to go out this morning. She was amazed at the amount of traffic & people there are about. The local golf clubs car park apparently was packed. Working from home mmm :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As you are aware Leicester has reverted to lockdown again with nothing open. Last weekend here in Nottingham a large group were watching the Leicester City game & when scored said group were cheering & going ballistic. The landlord closed the pub & called the police.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Not surprising, is it ?

A. They didn't follow the lockdown rules
B. They went to a pub to watch football
C. They then forgot where they were and what they were doing once they'd had a few beers

It's all ridiculous but what can you do ?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW decided to book her first hair appointment but instead of phoning we had a walk, its other end of town so about 2 mile away. And although we've walked through town on a few occasions during lockdown its apparent numbers of people about are growing by the day.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

rigger wrote:Not surprising, is it ?

A. They didn't follow the lockdown rules
B. They went to a pub to watch football
C. They then forgot where they were and what they were doing once they'd had a few beers

It's all ridiculous but what can you do ?
I applaud the landlord for closing the pub. Local news said police were stopping people leaving the city but obviously not all routes were covered.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Mrs SW decided to book her first hair appointment but instead of phoning we had a walk, its other end of town so about 2 mile away. And although we've walked through town on a few occasions during lockdown its apparent numbers of people about are growing by the day.
Obviously we are talking about the same town here SW, in my opinion everyone has given up, simple as that. As I said previously, it was like Piccadilly Circus the other day :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Because of my knee, my car hasn't moved off the drive for about 10 days. Yesterday, I thought I would give it a run and spent about 15 minutes driving in and around the town.
This was mid-afternoon and it was like rush hour. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Two things :

1. "We haven't been able to do anything or go anywhere for three months !"

2. "I love you <hic> you'remybeshmateyouare <urp> gimmeahugman !"