How’s everyone doing ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

How’s everyone doing ?

Post by NottinghamWhite »

How’s everyone keeping ? We are still in splendid isolation & are having to rely on the kids to do shopping & stuff. Managed to get a couple of orders from Sainsbury’s & Tesco’s but it’s becoming increasingly more difficult. Watched the box set of Minder last week & am reading books getting through one every couple of days. Am sticking to showering & getting dressed first thing in the morning as I don’t want to turn into a slob.
Any stay safe & look after yourself & your loved ones.

Phil
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: How’s everyone doing ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Almost nothing has changed for me or for Jeanna : our routines are the same as we're both key workers.
It's easier to get to and from work, obviously, and she gets most of our food given she works for Waitrose so I've not had to endure the supermarket fun and games yet.

I think it's crucial people do positive things and think positive thoughts.
There's no point in dwelling on the negative or watching the news 24/7.
If you are one of the "lucky" people to be having an extended break from work, use the time to get some DIY done or do some gardening or read that book you always wanted to or make a model kit or play a board game or dig out your Lego or whatever it is that you used to do as a kid or still like to do now.

I'll never understand people who want to keep working rather than retire.
Boredom would be the last thing I'd worry about.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I don’t think the house has ever been so clean as it is at the moment :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Last day of self isolation then start working from home tomorrow (will go in and pick up a few things that I need.) So far I've redecorated a bedroom. replaced a radiator and a few older light swithes and plug sockets.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:Almost nothing has changed for me or for Jeanna : our routines are the same as we're both key workers.
It's easier to get to and from work, obviously, and she gets most of our food given she works for Waitrose so I've not had to endure the supermarket fun and games yet.

If you are one of the "lucky" people to be having an extended break from work, use the time to get some DIY done or do some gardening or read that book you always wanted to or make a model kit or play a board game or dig out your Lego or whatever it is that you used to do as a kid or still like to do now.

Many people won't be able to afford to retire, but that's not the point here really. For many, it isn't about 'boredom' etc, working gives them a purpose and a wage of course, but it can keep the mind and body active and interested... After retirement, I've seen lots of people lose a spark in their lives and that can too easily affect their partners too.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Being completely selfish here, but I've never been as busy. I'm an Engineer in a medical company, so we have to attend work. Hundreds of staff are working from home, leaving us with skeleton support. Getting really p'd off lately.

Family doing ok at home tho. My wife no longer works, so she is at home full time anyway.

10 and 7 year old kids getting cabin fever, but Daddy coming home to play at 7pm is the highlight of their day :D... but it's very tiring, as I leave for work at 5am.

Final year of University too... Roll on May when exams are over.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk_white wrote:Being completely selfish here, but I've never been as busy. I'm an Engineer in a medical company, so we have to attend work. Hundreds of staff are working from home, leaving us with skeleton support. Getting really p'd off lately.

Family doing ok at home tho. My wife no longer works, so she is at home full time anyway.

10 and 7 year old kids getting cabin fever, but Daddy coming home to play at 7pm is the highlight of their day :D... but it's very tiring, as I leave for work at 5am.

Final year of University too... Roll on May when exams are over.
How's that selfish mate?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The ultimate in stir crazy :lol:

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:Almost nothing has changed for me or for Jeanna : our routines are the same as we're both key workers.

Many people won't be able to afford to retire, but that's not the point here really. For many, it isn't about 'boredom' etc, working gives them a purpose and a wage of course, but it can keep the mind and body active and interested... After retirement, I've seen lots of people lose a spark in their lives and that can too easily affect their partners too.
Can see both points but personally retiring early is up there with the best decision I've made, never regretted it for one minute. Always have lots going on and believe that's the key. The important point for me is its given me time to do many things I couldn't do when working.
However as ANS states it can also be damaging for some who can drop into a shell and lose their spark once they finish work.

It really is a personal thing, we are all different. Of course its a decision that's also dictated by finances.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.