How’s everyone doing ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: How’s everyone doing ?

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:Enjoyed our street garden party on Sunday with the neighbours using two gardens to social distance.

In fact we enjoyed it that much we all dragged our chairs out again last night to do it again.
Sent out for pizzas for our meal added to beers from the fridge made for a very enjoyable evening.

Think it could become a regular neighbourhood get together as everyone enjoyed it.
There’s talk of us doing something similar as the VE Day one was a real success.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Not very well. Have got a knee infection (in the knee I had replaced several years ago). No pain when I am sat still but when I move its like barbed wire in the knee. One thing I have found out is that the NHS has closed down. No local GP - closed. Local Hospital minor injuries clinic - closed. Only option is main A&E at Hospitals 12 or more miles away. (Can't drive). Can't stand up for more than a few minutes, so can't even have a shower - no visitors please! :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Not very well. Have got a knee infection (in the knee I had replaced several years ago). No pain when I am sat still but when I move its like barbed wire in the knee. One thing I have found out is that the NHS has closed down. No local GP - closed. Local Hospital minor injuries clinic - closed. Only option is main A&E at Hospitals 12 or more miles away. (Can't drive). Can't stand up for more than a few minutes, so can't even have a shower - no visitors please! :shock:
That's terrible John, I know it's not ideal but can you get someone to take you to the A&E ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Not very well. Have got a knee infection (in the knee I had replaced several years ago). No pain when I am sat still but when I move its like barbed wire in the knee. One thing I have found out is that the NHS has closed down. No local GP - closed. Local Hospital minor injuries clinic - closed. Only option is main A&E at Hospitals 12 or more miles away. (Can't drive). Can't stand up for more than a few minutes, so can't even have a shower - no visitors please! :shock:
That’s awful Sir John, my dad gets terrible pains in his knees so I can imagine how you feel. Hope it improves quickly.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Ask for a lift or pay for a taxi mate, or even call an ambulance, it's not like you're wasting anyone's time. All the best.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Knee pain is no fun at all John and infection needs treating so any way you can get to the hospital.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Spent a long time on the phone this morning and finally managed to get hold of a Doctor from our surgery. He doesn't think it is an infection (?) and has prescribed some pain killers which my kind next door neighbour got from the chemist this afternoon. Will see how they go. Not confident in his diagnosis 'by phone' but will wait and see what happens over the coming days. Her indoors has a zimmer frame for when her arthritis is bad. At the moment I can't go anywhere without it! :shock:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Managing to get about without the walking frame today. Knee a lot better, hopefully back to normal by the week-end. :thumbup: Hate being incapacitated and having to rely on other people, even when they are as kind as family, friends and neighbours have been. Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Managing to get about without the walking frame today. Knee a lot better, hopefully back to normal by the week-end. :thumbup: Hate being incapacitated and having to rely on other people, even when they are as kind as family, friends and neighbours have been. Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes.
Pleased you are getting better John :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
johnh wrote:Managing to get about without the walking frame today. Knee a lot better, hopefully back to normal by the week-end. :thumbup: Hate being incapacitated and having to rely on other people, even when they are as kind as family, friends and neighbours have been. Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes.
Pleased you are getting better John :thumbup:
Yes good to hear John. Take it easy though, don't rush into the 110m hurdles start gently on the sprint :thumbup: ;)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders