Holiday Refunds.

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Holiday Refunds.

Post by Wigan White »

Selby White wrote:
Selby White wrote: Expedia are refunding two hotels we have booked through them on our planned road trip although money as yet to arrive (they did say 30 days).

We have two hotels booked none refundable one in Utah that is still open so its down to us but fortunately they haven't taken the money off my credit car yet and I've since changed my card so they have no chance :D
Another in Willliams (near Grand Canyon) is closed until 8th May and we are due to arrive there on 13th for a couple of nights, hope they extend their closure then we should be able to claim our cash back.

The money arrived back into my account from Expedia yesterday (just over £100).

The Williams hotel have now cancelled my booking so that money should be on its way back eventually.

Will leave me £400 still outstanding for a week in Sedona from 15th but although they say they are opening that day on their website it no longer allows people to book so expecting cancellation soon, fingers crossed. :D

Should have arrived in Vegas yesterday, could now be a millionaire :(
Should have arrived in Es Cana yesterday, could now be recovering from a hangover. :roll:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Daughters still waiting on their money back from Tui have said they don’t want a cover note. We’re still waiting on East Midlands Trains. Worked out the other day we haven’t spent almost £4400 this cricket season already, soon mounts up.
Just silly things like filling up the car with fuel each week (usually £40 to £50) I've not done since lockdown, it is adding up but would still rather be getting out and about.
We also enjoy to eat out one evening a week at local restaurants, stop at local cafes for coffee as well as grab a sarnie for lunch sometimes (couple of places we go). Be sometime before we are spending at those places but can see a few struggling after this and it having a effect on the local economy.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Wigan White wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Selby White wrote: Expedia are refunding two hotels we have booked through them on our planned road trip although money as yet to arrive (they did say 30 days).

We have two hotels booked none refundable one in Utah that is still open so its down to us but fortunately they haven't taken the money off my credit car yet and I've since changed my card so they have no chance :D
Another in Willliams (near Grand Canyon) is closed until 8th May and we are due to arrive there on 13th for a couple of nights, hope they extend their closure then we should be able to claim our cash back.

The money arrived back into my account from Expedia yesterday (just over £100).

The Williams hotel have now cancelled my booking so that money should be on its way back eventually.

Will leave me £400 still outstanding for a week in Sedona from 15th but although they say they are opening that day on their website it no longer allows people to book so expecting cancellation soon, fingers crossed. :D

Should have arrived in Vegas yesterday, could now be a millionaire :(
Should have arrived in Es Cana yesterday, could now be recovering from a hangover. :roll:
"Hair of the Dog" proper cure ;) :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
Just silly things like filling up the car with fuel each week (usually £40 to £50) I've not done since lockdown, it is adding up but would still rather be getting out and about.
We also enjoy to eat out one evening a week at local restaurants, stop at local cafes for coffee as well as grab a sarnie for lunch sometimes (couple of places we go). Be sometime before we are spending at those places but can see a few struggling after this and it having a effect on the local economy.
Absolutely I’m missing the social aspect of the hotels & bars at close of play. The money is there for one reason only & that’s to spend. We budget all year to pay for the cricket. Sue received a bank statement this morning & she can’t remember the last time there were so few transactions on it. We topped the car up 8 weeks ago & the tank reading is still full.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Absolutely I’m missing the social aspect of the hotels & bars at close of play. The money is there for one reason only & that’s to spend. We budget all year to pay for the cricket. Sue received a bank statement this morning & she can’t remember the last time there were so few transactions on it. We topped the car up 8 weeks ago & the tank reading is still full.
Fuel economy is great at the moment.

I seem to be getting 3 weeks to the gallon. :D
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Wigan White wrote:Should have arrived in Es Cana yesterday, could now be recovering from a hangover. :roll:
Went to Santa Eulalia a couple of years ago. Lovely part of the island.
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Sniffer wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Should have arrived in Es Cana yesterday, could now be recovering from a hangover. :roll:
Went to Santa Eulalia a couple of years ago. Lovely part of the island.
Been to Es Cana about 5 or 6 times. Changed this holiday to May next year.

Always have a trip to Santa Eulalia.

As you said, it's a lovely place.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Managed to get a decent chunk of my accommodation money back from a nice lady In Lanzarote. I'm waiting to see if my bank will take up my case against Ryanair. I appreciate the Aviation industry is on its arse but if they go bust a voucher is not much use then is it.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: I appreciate the Aviation industry is on its arse but if they go bust a voucher is not much use then is it.
Several authorities are trying to get the government to back up the ‘vouchers’ so if the company does go bust the consumers money is safe, the argument being all these people trying to get their money back, is actually forcing the company to go into administration in the first place.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: I appreciate the Aviation industry is on its arse but if they go bust a voucher is not much use then is it.
Several authorities are trying to get the government to back up the ‘vouchers’ so if the company does go bust the consumers money is safe, the argument being all these people trying to get their money back, is actually forcing the company to go into administration in the first place.
Even if our government supports any scheme to support airlines I doubt they will bail out Ryanair to help Vid as I believe they are officially registered in Dublin. I assume it will be in the hands of the Irish or even the EU.