Holiday Refunds.

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Holiday Refunds.

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote: I appreciate the Aviation industry is on its arse but if they go bust a voucher is not much use then is it.
Several authorities are trying to get the government to back up the ‘vouchers’ so if the company does go bust the consumers money is safe, the argument being all these people trying to get their money back, is actually forcing the company to go into administration in the first place.
Even if our government supports any scheme to support airlines I doubt they will bail out Ryanair to help Vid as I believe they are officially registered in Dublin. I assume it will be in the hands of the Irish or even the EU.
Crikey... they may aswell just bail the Airlines out. Once agreed i could imagine a company like Ryanair folding, then starting up again called Ryanaircorvid+ when they can fly again to save them the cash. :shifty:

Like most customers i just think why should they get to hold my money for 12 months, but at the same time you don't want to see loads of people lose their jobs. C how it goes.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Selby White wrote:... Ryanair... officially registered in Dublin. I assume it will be in the hands of the Irish or even the EU.
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Crikey... they may aswell just bail the Airlines out.
I'd be stunned if our Government intervened with Ryanair.
Yes, they are an Irish company and always were, with lots of employees here, but they have gone so global that I think they would be expected to fix it on their own (or with EU help as Selby suggested).

We have just about recovered from the effects of the €64.6 billion bailout of our banks in 2008.
Might not sound like a lot of money to bigger economies like the UK, but we are a population of just 4.5 million (1.8 million full time workers)... That's a lot of taxpayers money being paid back!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Well that does it .... not inviting you lot across this summer!
:D :D :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/b ... n=sharebar
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

daib0 wrote:Well that does it .... not inviting you lot across this summer!
:D :D :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/b ... n=sharebar
Well certainly the very first line of that piece does not pertain to Ireland:

''British holidaymakers could be barred from taking sunshine breaks across Europe this summer :lolno:

C'mon in, the rain is fine :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I would be very surprised if there is any overseas travel for anyone for the rest of this year and if any country opens their borders for tourists in my book is a fool an asking for more trouble.

Here in Australia we and New Zealand are considering opening our borders to each other only but not for many months (probably October) as cases for both countries are either nil or close to that number. Some idiot said lets include Asia like Japan, Korea (south of course) and China, to me for now until a vaccine is found is a big no. Naturally that statement came from a big businessman who has alot of dealings in Asia and not thinking of the actual people especially if a second wave did hit any of the countries mention.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mr Russell wrote:I would be very surprised if there is any overseas travel for anyone for the rest of this year and if any country opens their borders for tourists in my book is a fool an asking for more trouble.
Think you are right, not holding my breath anyway.

We were due to go to Italy in March and was able to move it back to September as at that stage thought it would have all blown over by then. Was just saying other day I now fully expect it to be cancelled again.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
The money arrived back into my account from Expedia yesterday (just over £100).

The Williams hotel have now cancelled my booking so that money should be on its way back eventually.

Will leave me £400 still outstanding for a week in Sedona from 15th but although they say they are opening that day on their website it no longer allows people to book so expecting cancellation soon, fingers crossed. :D
The money for the Williams AZ hotel arrived back in my account with a extra £15 :shock:

Apparently when I booked it they took the money in American dollars and that equated to £200 from our account. They of course paid it back in dollars but with the weaker £ it now equates to £215, wish I'd booked longer as will take 7.5% on my savings in 3 month any day of the week. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Cancelled our holiday June/July. Flights with easyJet so not too worried there but the villa was arranged through the owner. Only paid the deposit but gutted none the less.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I think many countries are going to be reluctant, fearful to let any tourists visit for some time unfortunately. I would imagine the Southern Europe economy will be devastated. Aswell as plenty of other places around the world.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote: Will leave me £400 still outstanding for a week in Sedona from 15th but although they say they are opening that day on their website it no longer allows people to book so expecting cancellation soon, fingers crossed. :D
My last £400 is now with me but in the form of a voucher.
The good part is that its with a vacation club we joined so can use it basically anywhere in the world and not tied to going to one place.
The bad part is our membership runs out in November so unsure whether we will get an extension to use the voucher.