Holiday Refunds.

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Holiday Refunds.

Post by Selby White »

Now received £21.10 for my first Hull Trains claim from March :thumbup:

Just my more recent non holiday I still have a couple outstanding but only sent the claim last week as couldn't claim before the actual travel dates.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:It's scandalous that they are closed and you can't get a refund, in fact suspect its illegal.

BB, Do you have hol insurance because I believe if your stay is for more than one night you should be covered as long as you had the insurance before the pandemic.
They would pay you then I assume chase the hotel for it, worked for me with airport hotel.
No, I didn’t take out the insurance, the policy they tried to sell us wouldn’t have covered it anyway.

As mentioned, I can live with what they are offering to be honest, once I know the football fixtures we will just book next year. There just seems to be no unity of response from the travel industry to me.
A bit of a weird one, got a call from the travel company today, completely out of the blue, to tell me my voucher was cancelled and I would have a full refund within 14 days. I told them I was happy with the voucher, and not to bother, but they said under government guidelines I had to have the refund.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Got the final two payments from Hull trains so now got everything back in either cash or vouchers.

Cash we have received just short of £2500 back which we've put into a new joint account purely to use for holidays once we think its safe to travel again.
Planning to keep topping the account up each month with money we are saving from not going out. Planning a few nice holidays in the future once we are allowed.

Have a £50 voucher from holiday extras which can be used anytime for either airport parking or hotel.

Have £400 voucher to use with a holiday club (apartments) which can be used anywhere in world. (We've done both Aviemore & the Lake District in the Uk with them, also done Malta previously). The amount will cover two weeks either separately or together if booked as late breaks (2 months before).

We transferred our March Italy holiday to September so still not sure if it'll go ahead or possibly move again, was offered cash back but we got such a good deal on the holiday so transferring it kept us the same price.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote: Have £400 voucher to use with a holiday club (apartments) which can be used anywhere in world. (We've done both Aviemore & the Lake District in the Uk with them, also done Malta previously). The amount will cover two weeks either separately or together if booked as late breaks (2 months before).
Our membership of this scheme was due to run out in November but the company have kindly extended it to August next year.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:
We transferred our March Italy holiday to September so still not sure if it'll go ahead or possibly move again, was offered cash back but we got such a good deal on the holiday so transferring it kept us the same price.
They contacted us yesterday telling us our September date is now cancelled and they would issue us with a voucher to use against any of their holidays.
To be honest expected it.

Emailed them a reply pointing out we either want the same holiday for the same price as we booked while they had a sale on and the price is now double what we paid and not going to pay the difference. Alternately we want our cash back as we can book with another company, pointed out others are still going in September and italy are not on the quarantine list (currently lower infection rate than UK).

They are sending me a form to apply for our cash back.