Holiday Refunds.

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Holiday Refunds.

Post by yorkfan »

There’s been much in the news lately, concerning both airlines and holiday companies refusing to pay refunds in respect of holidays which they have been forced to cancel because of the current coronavirus crisis.

This, in spite of the legal position, which means that Joe Public is quite within their rights to refuse to accept either a credit note or a voucher to be used against a future booking.

So it’s quite refreshing to report that the full cost of our next trip, due to depart in a few day’s time, was today refunded by the nice folks at Jet2.

A month ago, they advised that our trip had been cancelled, and would be in touch nearer the time, since they were working through the bookings in departure date order, and a week ago sent me an invoice stating a a full refund would be paid, followed by a phone call yesterday, confirming this.

Today, the funds have appeared in my bank account, so something to brighten up an otherwise mundane day.

Nice one, Jet2. :clap: :clap:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Holiday Refunds.

Post by Another Northern Soul »

yorkfan wrote:There’s been much in the news lately, concerning both airlines and holiday companies refusing to pay refunds in respect of holidays which they have been forced to cancel because of the current coronavirus crisis.

This, in spite of the legal position, which means that Joe Public is quite within their rights to refuse to accept either a credit note or a voucher to be used against a future booking.

So it’s quite refreshing to report that the full cost of our next trip, due to depart in a few day’s time, was today refunded by the nice folks at Jet2.

A month ago, they advised that our trip had been cancelled, and would be in touch nearer the time, since they were working through the bookings in departure date order, and a week ago sent me an invoice stating a a full refund would be paid, followed by a phone call yesterday, confirming this.

Today, the funds have appeared in my bank account, so something to brighten up an otherwise mundane day.

Leeds company :D

Well, that might not be true I don't really know, but it's good to hear they're doing the right thing, mate :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Had a holiday to Italy cancelled in March with travelsphere and they offered us money back or move to a different date for no extra cost. We had a very good (less than half price deal) so opted for a date later in the year in the hope all is back to normal. If not should get same offer then.
Had booked airport hotel through holiday extras and had to accept a voucher.

We were going to America in May and Flight, Vegas Hotel and two weeks car hire have been refunded by BA, coincidently gone into account today.
We've booked some hotels direct and so far two of the 5 have agreed to refund, one in Utah and two in Arizona haven't yet as are planning to open by time we are supposed to be there.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

"Leeds company :D

Well, that might not be true I don't really know, but it's good to hear they're doing the right thing, mate :clap:"

Yep, ANS, although they're national now, they started out all those years ago at Leeds Bradford, and the head office is there today.

10/10 for doing the right thing by us, the customers, as opposed to some of the big boys, who are doing all they can to resist giving refunds. :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The girls, husbands & grandkids were due to fly to Lanzarote at Easter but of course they never went. Booked with Tui they are still waiting a refund (£5k) have been offered vouchers but want their cash back. Supposed to sort within 14 days.

On a personal note we are awaiting refunds from East Midlands Trains of around £500 although they have been in touch so all good there. I preordered tickets for the cricket to the value of £160 still heard nothing as of yet. Also memberships at YCCC & Notts paid another £600, chances are I’ll tell Yorkshire I don’t want a refund.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

yorkfan wrote:There’s been much in the news lately, concerning both airlines and holiday companies refusing to pay refunds in respect of holidays which they have been forced to cancel because of the current coronavirus crisis.

Well done Jet2 have had limited dealings with them workwise but always thought they were more customer orientated than the others.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Was supposed to be going to ibiza on 4th May for 10 nights with jet2. Transferred the holiday to May next year for 14 nights with no amendment charge and a further £60 off.

No fuss and professionally done.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

We were meant to go to New York and Boston for a family holiday in May (celebrate finishing 7 years of study).

Airline offered us to change flights or take a voucher to the value of our flights + 10%, valid for use any time in next 5 years. We took that option.

Hotel website refunded our money 100%. We were lucky, because I normally take the cheapest option for whatever hotel we choose, but because of the huge amount of hotels in New York, I was afraid I would get a great recommendation for somewhere better, so I paid for the more expensive 'full refund' rooms.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Ryanair to its customers. We have unfortunately have had to cancel your flights due to Corvid19 click here to claim your refund. Did that. 2 weeks later a nice reassuring e-mail telling me to be patient refund is being processed, another 2 weeks same message again. Then after 6 weeks send me a voucher to be spent in 12 months and if i want my money back it will only be authorised once Corvid19 has passed whenever that will be???? Lovely! Anyway my bank are hopefully going to apply for my money on my behalf.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Ryanair to its customers. We have unfortunately have had to cancel your flights due to Corvid19 click here to claim your refund. Did that. 2 weeks later a nice reassuring e-mail telling me to be patient refund is being processed, another 2 weeks same message again. Then after 6 weeks send me a voucher to be spent in 12 months and if i want my money back it will only be authorised once Corvid19 has passed whenever that will be???? Lovely! Anyway my bank are hopefully going to apply for my money on my behalf.
That's crap on their behalf, good luck Vid hope you get some joy
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.